The Auctane Software Development team is empowered with enhancing, modifying, and maintaining features and functionality associated with the Auctane suite of software products.
The Software Engineer, Backend helps us provide real-time solutions for our customers when they need it the most. This role will function as a core member of our software engineering organization working within a cross-functional team to enhance, modify, and add functionality to our software platform and will report to the Manager of Engineering.
- Be an active contributor during design and implementation phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Apply software engineering best practices while modifying/enhancing our software platform.
- Attend and contribute to design review meetings.
- Offering input into the designs of product enhancements and third party integrations and documenting designs.
- Actively documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Collaborate with other members of the software engineering team to develop shipping software products.
- Working closely with other developers and product managers throughout the SDLC
- Being responsible for the design and implementation of new product features and enhancements with guidance and input from other team members
- Writing tests to support any source code changes made by this individual, performing code reviews, and related activities that contribute to development and maintenance of the Auctane software.
- Provide feedback to the team on product improvement ideas
- Organize/catalog common problems and other pain points encountered by customers as well as ideas regarding improvements to common processes/workflows of Auctane users. These artifacts will ultimately serve as a starting point for conversations with product management in terms of needs and prioritization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System, or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Four to Six (4-6) years of experience in software development role, preferably within the eCommerce or shipping software industries.
- Three or more (3+) years supporting and contributing to REST API's supporting complex web applications.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong background in designing, building, and maintaining complex single page web applications
- Familiarity with shipping and/or shipping software is a plus
- Proven ability to be independent and self-motivated in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Driven to stay current with the latest technologies in a fast moving ecosystem
- Experience in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with creating and maintaining automated unit tests and integration tests in a test-driven development environment
- Experience with source control systems and branching strategies
- Displays a high degree of professionalism and contributes to the credibility of the company
- Uses time efficiently, possesses a solid work ethic and customer-focus
- Acts with a sense of urgency, especially where customer impact and/or delays to shipping exists
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and a thirst for knowledge - we're always looking for ways to improve our processes while continuing to produce high quality solutions for our customers
- C#, .Net Core, SQL
- Experience working the full stack with the above technologies in a production environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled