The Data & Analytics team is responsible for delivering accurate data on business performance & actionable insights to partners across the Auctane e-commerce products, our parent company (Stamps.com) and external partners. These responsibilities are delivered through the definition & refinement of the KPIs, setting goals against these KPIs, measuring performance against these goals and recommending (and when applicable, implementing) actions to drive improved performance. In addition, the Data & Analytics teams partners with stakeholders from across the business to deliver both standardized & ad-hoc reporting, analysis & insights to drive business decisions.
The Senior Data Analyst - Auctane is responsible for assisting the organization in effectively using data to drive decisions, enhancing the data assets within the company as well as helping raise the analytical capabilities of their partners and peers. Beyond decision making, the analyst supports key functions of the organization from accounting, finance, marketing, trust & safety and product management; all of which leverage data and insights provided by the team to execute operational responsibilities.
- Design and build tactical, strategic, and operational dashboards for use by Business partners across all Auctane brands, including the Auctane Executive team.
- Mentor and edify analysts and power users by developing dashboard standards, visualization best practices, and training materials
- Develop KPI Reporting for use by Business partners such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Account Management, Business Development, Product, and Engineering
- Leverage historical data and predictive models to identify key historical factors that impact key KPIs, and recommend actions to drive future performance
- Help define, implement and support key data feeds from internal systems as well as from external partners that are necessary for the measurement of business performance and key KPIs
- Increase the usage of Auctane’s reporting platform by key users across the business through evangelism, creation of key reports and training
- Demonstrates ability to think big and produce innovative and simple solutions to solve complex problems
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- Five or more (5+) years relevant work experience.
- Five or more (5+) years’ experience in relational database concepts with an expert knowledge of SQL
- Two or more (2+) years of experience managing and developing business intelligence solutions, such as Tableau, Looker, or Sisense for Cloud Data Teams
- Experience designing and creating dashboards for use by Executives and Analysts.
- Experience in a fast paced, startup environment
- Strong track record of learning new tools, technologies, and frameworks
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with data analysis programming languages such as Python or R
- Experience with Git
- Experience with data modeling layers (dbt, Dataform) and data orchestration tools (dbt Cloud, Airflow, Prefect)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong eye for detail and a passion for quickly delivering results for rapid action.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, scientific communication and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience, as well as the ability to design and deploy clear reporting assets
- Ability to work cross functionally to collaboratively understand and deliver on business needs
- Passion for customers and experience in eCommerce
- Able to balance fun & positive working relationships with the need to have direct conversations around business performance
- High proficiency with SQL
- Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, Mode Analytics or Sisense for Cloud Data teams
- Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled