The Product team is responsible for driving the vision and direction of the company’s award-winning products, including ShipStation, ShipEngine, ShippingEasy, and ShipWorks. We are in the center of almost everything Auctane does as a company -- we interface with every department as well as with our customers. We meet with upper management to shape the roadmap of planned future changes to our products, create clearly defined requirements to align teams, and work closely with those teams to ensure the work goes out with high quality and velocity. We are a rapidly growing team working on a portfolio of products that serve merchants and others in ecommerce.
Having the most and best ecommerce partners with deep, feature-rich integrations to our Platform is the linchpin that allows us to support our growing global customer-base, wherever they sell and however they ship. The Director, Product Integrations is responsible for the success of our Integrations Platform as well as key initiatives tied to our integration partners (e.g. Carriers, Marketplaces, Ecomm Platforms, etc.). The Integrations team is responsible for understanding the business needs and designing, building, and launching new features and updates to the Integrations Platform that powers our entire portfolio of shipping and logistics applications. The Director must engage with internal and external stakeholders (C-suite, senior management, partners, and customers) to justify investments in features and improvements and have the ability to articulate value and plans across each of the stakeholder groups.
This is a key leadership role in our Product organization, reporting to the Chief Product Officer. You will be taking charge of an existing but growing team of Associate Product and Product Managers. Leading candidates will have deep consumer and/or SaaS product experience both as a manager and an individual contributor. Initially this will be a player-coach role, requiring the Director to get in the weeds with their teams to create a scalable and efficient engine for adding and maintaining integrations.
- Translate vision and strategy into clear value propositions to create product requirements and specifications that can be communicated to operations, engineering, QA and other cross-functional teams.
- Create product designs and specifications.
- Manage gathering business and technical requirements from external and internal stakeholders including product managers, marketing, business development, QA, pricing, finance, customers and software related technical resources.
- Advocate for the customer and improve the user experience in the definition of innovative solutions.
- Drive new feature development working side-by-side with product managers, engineers, and QA.
- Manage the product development life cycle to support product releases on a regular basis.
- Manage numerous projects from inception through launch.
- Contribute to the overall Product Vision and Roadmap.
- Advocate for features that will help drive the business strategy and vision.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent years’ experience.
- Ten or more (10+) years of relevant product management experience.
- Six or more (6+) years of direct people management experience.
- Experience working with partners to integrate technology that provides incremental value to the end user.
- Professional experience with eCommerce and shipping carriers is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong understanding of the leading solutions and providers of eCommerce
- Proven track record of launching new features and functionality
- Able to communicate effectively, develop compelling recommendations, and inspire team members, cross-functional partners, and executives.
- Ability to identify new opportunities within partnerships.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand our market and products.
- Passion for great user experiences
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Exceptional analytical and fact-based problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including developing presentation content and public speaking.
- Highly organized, with strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Superior multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Self-starter and ready to work in an intense but fun environment with our existing team of marketing professionals.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel (Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint
- Approx. 10% or less; may require periodic domestic travel to subsidiary companies and partner meetings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled