The Security & Compliance team operates under the larger IT department. This team is responsible for developing the security program for Auctane and ensuring compliance with various data security regulations including PCI, CCPA and GDPR. The Security & Compliance team works closely with IT, DevOps and other teams to ensure security best practices are being adhered to. This team also serves as the POC for compliance related initiatives from our parent organization.
The role will collaborate with various constituents across business functions and information technology to develop and sustain a compliant control environment with a design that meets the business needs. The position will be responsible for IT governance and compliance and lead related remediation efforts across the enterprise. Provides guidance and direction on best practices for the protection of information. Understand user and process requirements and ensure those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables.
- Leads IT compliance initiatives, monitoring and review of controls.
- Ability to communicate honestly and directly while having the courage to own their convictions and adhere to strongly held principles and values.
- Provide and approve work breakdown schedules and oversee the tasks that are outlined in the project plan.
- Develop controls to meet compliance requirements, while minimizing impact to current business operations
- Independently research the technologies pertaining to the task as well as drafting test plans.
- Collaborates with internal and external audit to provide support for request, follow-up on audit issues and conduct impact analysis
- Serve as the POC to manage audit requests and responses
- Work effectively with colleagues and direct reports as part of a strong and diverse team; establish a successful track record participating in discussions with architecture and infrastructure teams around standards and practices.
- Provide routine audits under the company’s cybersecurity program; provide reports, metrics, and presentations to multiple layers of the organization including Director of IT and COO.
- Participate and lead enterprise Security projects to drive process standardization.
- Proactively seeking, identifying, exploring, and resolving vulnerabilities in the corporate networks, systems, and services.
- Define an implementation plan to satisfy customer, third party, industry, regulatory, and compliance security requirements.
- Promote collaboration with cross-functional teams & external security vendors to evaluate the appropriate risk, recommend appropriate remediation solutions for identified vulnerabilities and track remediation.
- Translate company culture, values, and strategies into practical application for safety and security.
- Clearly articulate principles and guidelines, as well as a continuously evolving collection of best practices.
- Manage and develop remediation plans, ensuring observations from internal and external audit and/or regulators are assessed and actioned quickly
Education and/or Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Information Security/Assurance, Internal Audit, or equivalent years’ experience.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience in IT Controls, Audit, or similar role.
- Three or more (3+) years’ experience with compliance within software organizations.
- Three or more (3+) years’ experience in managing a team within information technology.
- Experience managing third party contractors and vendors.
- Experience with Okta, OSX, AWS and Active Directory.
Skills and Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of SOC 2, ISO 27001 and PCI frameworks.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy including PCI, GDPR, CCPA and other regulations related to Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Managing relationships with various vendors to ensure networking & security equipment/services/software, support contracts, licensing and firmware remain up-to-date.
- Responsibility for all aspects of information security.
- Providing technical expertise around existing and proposed security controls and interpretation of security requirements.
- Proactively seeking, identifying, exploring and resolving vulnerabilities in the corporate networks, systems and services.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with different types of audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate urgency when there are customer impacting issues.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Additional Management Responsibilities:
- Performance Management: setting and managing goals, on-going coaching, corrective action, annual reviews, rewards/recognition, and team/individual development
- Employee Life Cycle Management: headcount forecasting, job descriptions, recruiting/hiring, termination
- Governance: ensuring compliance to company policy/practice (e.g. attendance, behavior, workplace attire), ensuring compliance to employment law (e.g. time keeping, anti-harassment and diversity)
- Leadership: ensures availability to staff, team building, building rapport with individuals, encouraging strong collaborative relationships between individuals and departments, facilitating a healthy work/life mix, solicits and applies feedback (internal and external to team), self-improvement as a leader/manager of people
- Culture Ambassador: proactively demonstrate and cultivate a culture of cooperative collaboration, strong work ethic, solutions-orientation, quality focus, results-orientation, relaxed/enjoyable atmosphere, team- and individual- celebration, and company/product pride
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled