Every day, tens of thousands of online retailers rely on ShipStation to solve the day-to-day challenges of managing orders and processing shipments. The trusted leader in shipping software since its founding in 2011, ShipStation helps online sellers scale their businesses and deliver exceptional customer experiences, through an intuitive SaaS platform, that allows them to efficiently ship orders, wherever they sell and however they deliver.
ShipStation provides a multi-channel, multi-carrier delivery management platform, offering the most integrations of any ecommerce solution, with more than 300 partnerships with leading ecommerce platforms, marketplaces, carriers and fulfilment services, including Australia Post, CouriersPlease, Aramex, Sendle, eBay, Amazon, Shopify and BigCommerce. ShipStation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP), headquartered in Austin, Texas and now expanding into APAC and we are looking for great people to join the rapidly expanding team in Sydney. Take a look at http://www.shipstation.com for more information on our business, our team, who we are and current opportunities.
The Field Marketing Manager ANZ, will be responsible for growing top, key partnerships through various marketing activities, as well as supporting direct customer acquisition by organising attendance at tradeshows and running ShipStation events and webinars. The role will be initially focussed on Australia, and grow to include New Zealand as we look to expand in 2020 and beyond.
- Identify and develop relationships with key industry experts, partners and websites to raise the profile of ShipStation in the market.
- Work with our US-based marketing team to build new and refine existing content and assets for local market relevance, e.g. blogs, sponsored emails, etc.
- Work with our US-based performance marketing team to advise on local cultural and language requirements for online activities, e.g. paid search, paid social, landing pages, etc.
- Identify key promotional online and offline channels for building awareness in the market and generating new leads. Create a calendar of activities that drive increased trial signups and activations.
Partner Marketing Strategy
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns with key partners that drive mutual acquisition goals, using the various types of marketing efforts ShipStation can offer - blog posts, social media mentions, contests, sales trainings, webinars, event participation, etc.
- Edit and create partner collateral, including but not limited to: blog posts, webinars, partner listings, and other pieces of marketing collateral. You will also support the content marketing team in driving partner participation and disseminating marketing assets through partners.
Alignment and Collaboration
- Work with the business development and partner integration teams to stay in the loop in terms of potential and new partnerships and have a deep knowledge of how these partnerships will be most beneficial to current and potential ShipStation users.
- Work with sales and support teams to discuss ways to strengthen existing partnerships and champion all marketing initiatives.
- Manage all marketing efforts involved in launching assigned new partners. You’ll pay attention to timelines and collaborate with multiple internal and external departments to ensure a smooth release.
- Build strong relationships with the partners you’re assigned and continue to fine-tune a programmatic approach to managing partnerships. Your goal is to invest the most time with partners that will create the largest benefit to ShipStation and our users.
Event Planning and Execution
- Plan, budget and organise all AU events. This will involve building the project plan, then working with the event organisers or stand builders, and internal teams to ensure each event is a success.
- Plan creative ways that ShipStation can stand-out before, during and after events. This may involve social media marketing during the event, contests to incite booth traffic, and more.
Event Follow-up and Reporting
- Create and agree a plan with sales for follow up with leads or customers post-event.
- Compile, for each event, the overall event results - number of attendees, staff and attendee feedback, interactions and leads, pictures, marketing strategy (pre, during, and post), plus report on event ROI (sign-ups and conversions).
- Testing / Optimisation: Continually strive for better results. Test and optimise all efforts. Question status-quo. Learn from and apply learnings from other sources beyond our efforts. Ensure we are making data-driven decisions.
- Reporting and Analytics: Deep understanding of the numbers behind our efforts. Think of reporting and analytics as an integral part of the planning and implementation of all campaigns. Develop and maintain dashboard(s) to allow for easy sharing as well as actionable use. Understand the difference between interesting and actionable information.
- Teamwork: Work closely with the rest of the marketing team to get support for your efforts as well as support their efforts.
- Ad hoc duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Degree or professional qualification in marketing or business-related field preferred
- Strong experience of working within the marketing field
- Experience of implementing partner co-marketing activities and event management
- Previous experience working at a SaaS company.
- Experience using various marketing channels (e.g. social media, email, blogs, etc.).
- Good understanding of online technology (able to do demos and explain technology)
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of working with a variety of different partner types
- Experience with using various marketing channels (content writing, social media, emails, events, etc.) to communicate a company's features & benefits
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills – including written, interpersonal, and public speaking
- Ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High level of initiative and follow-through
What you can expect from us
- Truly dynamic environment where you’re challenged every day
- Strong team environment where we win and lose (rarely) together
- Honest, transparent culture that encourages high performance
- Become part of a business that is transforming the ecommerce fulfillment market
- Real-time training, coaching and mentoring from leaders and colleagues
- Opportunities to travel regularly
If you are passionate about using technology to solve business problems, enjoy helping customers, and have excellent communication skills, then we want you to join us. If you are interested in being part of an Austin-based SaaS software start-up, that is loved by its customers and now expanding into APAC, take a moment to apply!