The Auctane Software Development team is empowered with enhancing, modifying, and maintaining features and functionality associated with the Auctane suite of software products.
The Software Engineer helps us provide real-time solutions for our customers when they need it the most. This role will function as a core member of our software engineering organization working within a cross-functional team to enhance, modify, and add functionality to our software platform and will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Be an active contributor during design and implementation phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Apply software engineering best practices while modifying/enhancing our software platform.
- Attend and contribute to design review meetings
- Offering input into the designs of product enhancements and third party integrations and documenting designs
- Actively documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Collaborate with other members of the software engineering team to develop shipping software products
- Working closely with other developers and product managers throughout the SDLC
- Being responsible for the design and implementation of new product features and enhancements with guidance and input from other team members
- Writing tests to support any source code changes made by this individual, performing code reviews, and related activities that contribute to development and maintenance of the Auctane software.
- Provide feedback to the team on product improvement ideas
- Organize/catalog common problems and other pain points encountered by customers as well as ideas regarding improvements to common processes/workflows of Auctane users. These artifacts will ultimately serve as a starting point for conversations with product management in terms of needs and prioritization.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System, or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Four to Six (4-6) years of experience in software development role, preferably within the eCommerce or shipping software industries.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Proven ability to prioritize work
- Curious and driven with a problem-solving approach
- Experience in an Agile software development environment
- Understanding of advanced object oriented design and SOLID design principles
- Understanding of UML diagrams (class diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc.) to communicate architecture and design concepts
- Experience with creating and maintaining automated unit tests and integration tests in a test-driven development environment
- Experience with source control systems and branching strategies
- Strong understanding of SQL, relational database systems, and ORM frameworks
- Demonstrates strong communication and team skills
- Familiarity with shipping and/or shipping software is a plus
- Displays a high degree of professionalism and contributes to the credibility of the company
- Can be productive and self-motivated in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Uses time efficiently, possesses a solid work ethic and customer-focus
- Acts with a sense of urgency, especially where customer impact and/or delays to shipping exists
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and a thirst for knowledge - we're always looking for ways to improve our processes while continuing to produce high quality solutions for our customers
- AWS, Kafka, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled