Stamps Company Overview:
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to customers including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShipEngine®, ShippingEasy®, ShipWorks®, GlobalPost and MetaPack™. Stamps.com’s family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 500 unique partner applications.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
The Self-Service team at Auctane writes and manages the user knowledge base and internal reference documentation for the Sales & Support teams. The purpose of the team is to provide both users and members of internal teams with the help documents and job aids necessary to use our platforms and do their jobs effectively. The members of the Self-Service team are responsible for researching what problems our users and agents have that could be resolved with new or improved documentation, proposing solutions for these problems, developing and publishing the content, and measuring the success of the content. The team also collaborates with the Product and Marketing teams to ensure deliverables are consistent across the teams, serve a common objective, and are technically accurate and complete.
The Manager of Self-Service, Auctane manages the knowledge management projects across all Auctane brands, ensures all projects serve the stated objectives of the organization, coordinates deployment of knowledge content with the Product and Marketing teams, and delegates content development tasks to the appropriate team members. The manager also guides the team technical writers to ensure writing conforms to the voice and style guidelines for each brand, assists the team with professional development opportunities, and reports on the progress of team initiatives to Auctane leadership and other stakeholders.
- Manage all knowledge base and Sales & Support agent documentation initiatives for the Auctane organization.
- Manage and lead a team of technical writers that specialize in brand-specific content for Station, Easy, Works, and Engine.
- Strategize with the Knowledge and Education team director and collaborate with Product and Marketing teams to determine the self-service needs of the Auctane brands and build a “knowledge culture” in the organization.
- Ensure a holistic approach to the development and management of self-service content for all Auctane brands across all help portals.
- Report on metrics that demonstrate the effectiveness of self-service content.
- Coordinate with stakeholders on localization and translation needs of knowledge base content and ensure all content is translation-ready prior to submission to translation vendor.
Essential Position Duties:
- Define team initiatives in a quarterly to yearly basis, working with the department head to ensure initiatives line up with organization OKRs.
- Develop the project plans to execute the initiatives, building projects and task into the team project management platform and delegating task ownership to the appropriate writer.
- Guide the technical writers in the content development process and ensure they follow established style guidelines, plain writing best practices, and content review procedures.
- Meet regularly with the technical writing team to ensure projects remain on task and meet the needs of the audience, and ensure writers have all the resources they need to complete their assignments.
- Perform weekly one on ones with each technical writer to build team rapport, ensure writer has access to professional development resources, and provide a consistent space for feedback both for and from the writer.
- Meet regularly with the Knowledge and Education department director to discuss content strategy and address any challenges.
- Regularly seek feedback from users of Self-Service content to ensure the content is accurate, usable, and complete.
Additional Position Duties:
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication-related field
- Five or more (5+) years of experience in knowledge management role
- Two or more (2+) years of experience as a team manager
Preferred Education and/or Experience (if applicable):
- Two or more (2+) years in a customer service role
- Two or more (2+) years in any role at a SaaS company
- Experience with B2B SaaS platforms
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Understanding of the principles of Plain Language
- Structured or topic-based authoring experience
- General understanding of docs-as-code workflow
- Technical writing and editing
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge
- Basic understanding of XML and markdown
- General understanding of information design concepts
- Strong project management skills
- Strong content management and strategy skills
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to be creative and experiment
- Ability to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data to help identify problems and propose solutions
- General understanding of API concepts and application
- Intermediate digital image and video editing
- Paligo (or similar product like Madcap Flare)
- ZenDesk and ZenDesk Guide
- Asana (or similar product, like Trello)
- Confluence, Jira
- Camtasia (or similar product, like Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier)
- SnagIt (or similar digital image editing platform)
- G-Suite and MS Office
- Sourcetree (or similar git UI)
- VS Code (or similar markdown authoring tool)
Travel Requirements (if applicable):
- Minimal. May be required to travel for professional development opportunities.
- Mostly an in-office position, with ability to occasionally work remotely.
Additional Management Responsibilities:
- Performance Management: setting and managing goals, on-going coaching, corrective action, annual reviews, rewards/recognition, and team/individual development
- Employee Life Cycle Management: headcount forecasting, job descriptions, recruiting/hiring, termination
- Governance: ensuring compliance to company policy/practice (e.g. attendance, behavior, workplace attire), ensuring compliance to employment law (e.g. time keeping, anti-harassment and diversity)
- Leadership: ensures availability to staff, team building, building rapport with individuals, encouraging strong collaborative relationships between individuals and departments, facilitating a healthy work/life mix, solicits and applies feedback (internal and external to team), self-improvement as a leader/manager of people
- Culture Ambassador: proactively demonstrate and cultivate a culture of cooperative collaboration, strong work ethic, solutions-orientation, quality focus, results-orientation, relaxed/enjoyable atmosphere, team- and individual- celebration, and company/product pride
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled