The Auctane Software Development team is empowered with enhancing, modifying, and maintaining features and functionality associated with the Auctane suite of software products.
The Principal Software Engineer helps us provide real-time solutions for our customers when they need it the most. This role will function as a core member of our software engineering organization working within a cross-functional team to enhance, modify, and add functionality to our software platform and will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Drive detailed design activities by analyzing requirements and high-level designs
- Design, develop and continuously improve automation and processes to enable the quality of our software
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives):
- Be an active contributor during design and implementation phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Apply software engineering best practices while modifying/enhancing our software platform.
- Attend and contribute to design review meetings.
- Offering input into the designs of product enhancements and third-party integrations and documenting designs.
- Actively documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Collaborate with other members of the software engineering team to develop shipping software products.
- Working closely with other developers and product managers throughout the SDLC.
- Being responsible for the design and implementation of new product features and enhancements with guidance and input from other team members.
- Writing tests to support any source code changes made by this individual, performing code reviews, and related activities that contribute to development and maintenance of the Auctane software.
- Constructively engage with team members and management through open and active. communication channels when problem solving and developing solutions, recommending changes in policies, procedures, and tooling.
- Produce specifications as needed to determine operational feasibility and convey ROI projections of proposed solutions.
- Provide feedback to the team on product improvement ideas.
- Organize/catalog common problems and other pain points encountered by customers as well as ideas regarding improvements to common processes/workflows of Auctane users. These artifacts will ultimately serve as a starting point for conversations with product management in terms of needs and prioritization.
- Mentor to other members of the team.
- Active learner to update/improve job knowledge and share learnings with other team members by studying new development tools, programming techniques, and computing paradigms and reading professional publications.
- Supports and develops team members by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Leads by example through consistent actions and behaviors conducive to meeting business and organizational commitments/goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System, or equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- At least Ten (10) years of experience in software development role, preferably within the eCommerce or shipping software industries.
- Experiencing with UML (class diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc.) and other modeling techniques to communicate architecture and design concepts.
- Experience building large, distributed systems.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of C#/.NET or comparable stacks
- Understanding of advanced object-oriented design and SOLID design principles with strong design/architecture instincts
- Strong understanding of SQL, relational database systems (SQL Server and PostgreSQL), and ORM frameworks
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, RDS, EC2)
- Messaging (SQS, MSMQ, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Proven experience in Domain Driven Design a plus
- Curious and driven with a problem-solving approach
- Demonstrates strong communication and team skills including the ability to work with people possessing a variety of skill sets
- Familiarity with shipping and/or shipping software is a plus
- Displays a high degree of professionalism and contributes to the credibility of the company
- Can be productive and self-motivated in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Uses time efficiently, possesses a solid work ethic and customer-focus
- Acts with a sense of urgency, especially where customer impact and/or delays to shipping exists
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and a thirst for knowledge - we're always looking for ways to improve our processes while continuing to produce high quality solutions for our customers
- Windows Server, C#, C, XML, XSL, HTML, PHP, ASP.Net, and SQL Server and SQL queries
Additional Position Duties: (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled