Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants fulfill their most audacious dreams. Our software solves ecommerce problems so our customers can scale their businesses on demand. At Auctane, you’ll join a team that’s committed to a singular mission: to enable the entrepreneurial spirit across the globe. We’re obsessed with making sure merchants are free to focus on creating remarkable products and connecting with customers everywhere.
The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart. We’re a fast-moving, high-growth startup backed by a $5B public company, with offices in Austin, London, and Sydney. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Austin American-Statesman. If you like working with the best on some of the most complex, exciting problems in global business, you’re home. Learn more at: www.auctane.com
The Auctane QA team is responsible for ensuring the quality of the software released to our customers. We accomplish this goal through a mix of manual and automated testing. Members of the team are spread across our different brands and teams within those brands. Members work with Developers, Development Leads, and Product Managers to plan, document, and execute testing of software changes.
The Senior QA Engineer, Platform is responsible for developing and maintaining QA processes and documentation. This includes writing test plans, test cases, and documenting testing on individual tickets. This also includes developing automated tests and qa tools to help facilitate testing. Finally, they are expected to work with minimal supervision and to help other members of the QA team with their testing assignments.
- Work with Development and Product Management to ensure software quality.
- Write and maintain QA documentation.
- Write and maintain QA Automation.
- Look for and report areas of software development process improvement.
- Help other QA members.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties:
- Work with Development and Product Management.
- Plan and execute testing of software changes.
- Research issues discovered in test or production environments.
- Make recommendations for development process improvements.
- Document testing on individual tickets (epics, tasks, bugs, etc).
- Write and maintain manual test cases.
- Write and maintain test plans.
- Create and maintain automated tests.
- Create and maintain test tools.
- Assist other QA team members with testing changes.
- Mentor less experienced QA teams members with;
- QA process
- Writing/Maintaining QA tools
- Writing/Maintaining automation
Additional Position Duties:
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years (4) of relevant work experience.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience in a QA Engineering role.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Experience testing web applications.
- Experience testing APIs.
- Experience testing email and SMS messaging.
- Experience testing serverless applications.
- Experience writing and maintaining QA documentation.
- Experience writing and maintaining QA automation
Skills and Knowledge:
- In-depth Knowledge of QA Processes.
- In-depth knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Jira for work tracking
- Test Rail to write and maintain test cases and test plans
- Postman for API/web request testing
- Ruby web applications
- Type Script applications
- Team City
- Git Hub
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled