The Auctane Software Development team is empowered with enhancing, modifying, and maintaining features and functionality associated with the Auctane suite of software products.
This position is for a team that is actually composed of two different groups tackling different business domains. While primarily dedicated to one of these groups, there will be occasional opportunities to work on features across both domains.
The Product Inventory team is responsible for building components and services related to inventory and product catalog management, powering other services and products across the Auctane family of offerings. These services are primarily written in TypeScript, though we also maintain a Python service. Opportunities to build UX components in React will also potentially be available in the future.
The Consumer Services team builds features that target our merchants’ customer base, such as branded order tracking and branded returns portals. These services are consumed and offered through the various Auctane go-to-market applications, such as ShipStation, ShippingEasy and Shipworks, as well as Stamps.com. These services are written in Ruby, serverless technologies and React.
As a Software Engineer and member of the Product Inventory Services / Consumer Services team, this individual is responsible for the research and planning, development, implementation, utilization, monitoring, and administration of services related to inventory and product catalog management.
- Responsible for the research and planning, development, implementation, testing, utilization, monitoring, and administration of new services, primarily written in TypeScript.
- Responsible for the research and planning, development, implementation, testing, utilization, monitoring, and administration of new UI components, primarily written in React.
- Responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, and administration of existing services, written in either
- TypeScript, Python or Ruby.
- Responsible for the security, integrity, efficiency and documentation of the services and UI components.
Essential Position Duties:
- Successfully synthesize product requirements into actionable technical implementations.
- Write Unit / Integration tests to allow for embedding in Continuous Integration service
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred, but not required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, fast learner, hardworking and good team player.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficiency in Git, JIRA and CI systems
- Good knowledge of the following technologies:
- Not required, but preferred:
- Knowledge of React
- Knowledge of Ruby
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of the Nest.js framework
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled