Join us to shape the future of shipping!
Until 2020, many people didn't pay much attention to the global supply chain. But with ships backlogged in ports around the world, the maritime industry has become increasingly important to both the supply chain and our everyday lives.
At ShipIn Systems, we are driving operations for the leaders in the maritime industry through our Visual Fleet Management Platform. With patented computer vision applications and real-time visual analytics, ShipIn’s platform proactively alerts shipowners, managers, and seafarers to activity onboard to improve safety and drive more efficient operations to modernize the global supply chain.
The VP of Sales will report directly to the CEO. You have a demonstrated track record of success working for organizations that have a reputation for outstanding performance. You are someone who has consistently overachieved in high growth environments and has actively contributed to building high-performance selling organizations. The role requires an individual to establish a result and performance-based culture while infusing an appropriate level of process and prioritization.
You are a proven leader and a strategic business thinker who can build upon ShipIn’s current strength to drive the sales organization to new levels of success. You have a strong appreciation for owning and delivering a repeatable sales process, detail-oriented standards and pipeline management, and a culture of accountability with a focus on results.
What You'll Do
- Develop and Own ShipIn’s go-to-market strategy
- Drive strategic sales engagements and build a scalable sales organization (both outbound and digital) to deliver on aggressive market capture targets
- Develop and manage an end-to-end sales process; set and manage appropriate metrics for pipeline management
- Manage and deliver an accurate forecast
- Build an execution based culture with particular focus on CRM disciplines that enable fact based sales management
- Ensure successful execution of the sales model to meet or exceed bookings and revenue goals in alignment with the company’s core values
- Test and uncover strategies that accelerate and expand revenue
- Act as an entrepreneur with the team to get things done with autonomy
- As a leader, develop and present concise executive summaries of pipeline, sales and ARR metrics on a regular basis
- Work alongside the talent acquisition department to identify, hire, and train exceptional sales talent
- Collaboratively work with other internal organizations, especially marketing, to achieve a common goal – bringing focused and prioritized feedback from the field, to help shape strategy and business practices
Qualifications / Experiences
- 10+ years of experience managing and scaling successful sales teams in a high growth environments with B2B SAAS solutions
- 5+ years of experience as a top sales performer (individual contributor)
- Prior proven leadership experience with an early stage software company
- Strong leader, motivator and communicator
- Entrepreneur, willing to take risks and unafraid to roll-up their sleeves; "lead from the front”
- Experience building a scalable and repeatable sales model and process
- Knowledge of how to effectively build pipelines, manage sales cycles and team, deliver accurate forecasts and aggressively grow market share
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and accountability
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and data driven
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities
- Maritime domain expertise - desired not required
Want to learn more? Apply now