Join us to shape the future of shipping!
Until 2020, many people didn't pay much attention to the global supply chain. But with ships backlogged in ports around the world, the maritime industry has become increasingly important to both the supply chain and our everyday lives.
At ShipIn Systems, we are driving operations for the leaders in the maritime industry through our Visual Fleet Management Platform. With patented computer vision applications and real-time visual analytics, ShipIn’s platform proactively alerts shipowners, managers, and seafarers to activity onboard to improve safety and drive more efficient operations to modernize the global supply chain.
The Team: Computer Vision and Deep Learning
This position is a team member of Computer Vision and Deep Learning, responsible for designing and developing and implementing computer vision and deep learning software for the maritime industry. Our software is used to detect people, recognize activity, and understand maritime safety. We also align, recognize, and inspect cargo and industrial machinery associated with maritime transport and global trade.
Computer vision and deep learning is used to analyze imagery (intensity, color, density, 3D point clouds, etc.): to detect people and objects, identify activity, make measurements , inspect for safety and conformity, and to read and understand visual data. Technology development is critical to the overall business to expand areas of application, characterize and improve performance, discover new algorithms, and to make use of new hardware and processing power. Development is primarily done in Python and C++. Engineers in this group typically have experience with computer vision and machine learning. Success in this role has the potential to lead to increased responsibility at ShipIn Systems.
This group is seeking engineers with a passion for programming to lead computer vision and deep learning technology development as well as those who have the aptitude and interest to work with an exceptional development team.
- Imagine, design, develop, code, integrate, debug and test C++/Python computer vision software and Python deep learning models.
- Build efficient, real-time software and related libraries to run on a PC platform in a linux environment.
- Invent, implement and optimize vision and deep learning algorithms.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer vision, signal processing and strong mathematical skills required.
- Strong programming skills, and experience in production coding.
- Experience with 3D computer vision preferred.
- Programming experience using python scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, shell scripting desirable.
- Video and image processing using opencv
- Experience with Pytorch in applications of computer vision also of interest.
- Creative, motivated and looking to work hard for a start-up.
Minimum education and work experience required:
- MS or PhD from a top engineering school in EE, CS or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in relevant, high-tech, industrial jobs coding in C or C++ or Python
Want to learn more? Apply now