Product Marketing Manager
This position is located at our headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA.
ShipHawk is the premier packing and shipping software for ERP connected companies. We work with high volume retail, wholesale and eCommerce companies that have outgrown basic shipping software.
Come join us as we transform one of the last massive old-school industries into a transparent, efficient market, benefiting both retailers and consumers. Join a startup where you can make an impact, grow your career, and have a voice.
5 Reasons Why You Want to Work with Us:
- You want to work with a team that is competent, confident, passionate, and focused on achieving big goals.
- You want to work on a product with the potential to grow into a billion dollar business, become a household name, and help millions of people.
- You want to have a voice.
- You want to be part of a fun and healthy culture.
- You want to work at a company that will provide an opportunity to get to the next level of your career.
What We’re Looking For In You:
We are looking for an all-star skill set: efficient, organized and follows through on commitments. You're intelligent, have great analytical skills and pay attention to detail. In addition, you're calm under pressure, have a great work ethic and communicate well.
And, more than the usual skills, we want you to push and not accept the mundane. Push for a higher standard. Be proactive. Be open to new ideas and personal feedback. Try stuff, fail and learn from it. 5% of business leaders are 20 times more efficient than 95% of business leaders. We want you to be the 5%.
About the Opportunity:
Reports to: VP of Marketing
The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) leads Product Marketing programs and works across ShipHawk’s technology, product, sales, and marketing teams to consolidate, refine, position, then promote ShipHawk’s product. The PMM will develop strategic product messaging, positioning, go to market programs, campaigns, events, and buyer enablement. This marketer will be positive, people focused, great at project management, organized, and is comfortable working with complex and technical products and making them easier to understand.
This person will work collaboratively with Product, Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to lead the narrative, messaging and engagement strategy surrounding each of ShipHawk’s products. The PMM will help ensure our customer-facing teams have the insights needed to confidently speak to, position and sell our latest innovations. They will be hands-on in developing customer-facing content and assets that best position our products and solutions and help our sales teams generate pipeline and close deals. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in a growing and agile marketing team that is well-supported by leadership and to build an increased product and go to market experience in a rapidly growing company.
- Develop the product marketing strategy and messaging as it relates to our current and emerging products. Craft and socialize the messaging that aligns with our overarching product narrative and addresses the key problems and buyers journey that customers encounter.
- Partner closely with Product to understand the product strategy, roadmap and develop a premier release marketing program.
- Be THE voice specialist for ShipHawk and evangelize product functionality, strategy and roadmap.
- Produce externally-facing content and campaigns that get customers, prospects and internal stakeholders excited about our products and releases.
- Build and launch a release readiness enablement series to prepare internal stakeholders across sales and marketing about upcoming releases.
- Continuously measure and optimize product marketing initiatives, such as the release marketing program, using engagement data feedback from customers and internal stakeholders.
- Build compelling content, messaging and enablement assets that help our Sales team build and close pipeline.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop content that aligns with GTM strategy and can be used in campaigns, enablement and other customer interactions with a focus on product adoption.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to develop and deliver enablement for customer facing teams on product launches, sales playbooks and competitive battlecards.
- Develop and launch training, tutorials and promotions to increase adoption of products.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Product Marketing, Corporate Marketing or Sales in a SaaS environment
- An idea person who thrives on the idea of identifying new and creative ways to drive innovation
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven track record of building rapport and relationships at all level
- Experience with, knowledge of and excitement for digital marketing
- Direct experience with the Pragmatic Marketing Framework and methodology
- Excellent communication, storytelling and presentation skills (written, verbal and phone skills) with the ability to tailor messaging to different audiences and functions
- Ability to simplify complex concepts
- Experience working with technical and complex projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for identifying client needs and developing solutions with all levels of customers
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills to keep programs and teams on track under tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic team environment
- Passion for customer experience and customer success
ShipHawk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.