At ShipEngine — we liberate entrepreneurs of all scales from inefficiencies and complexities in logistics, so they can focus more on what they love: designing their store experiences, building businesses, and engaging with their customers. We solve mind-boggling problems at scale but our passion is really for entrepreneurs and their customers. This has made us the market leader in the eCommerce shipping and logistics space with hundreds of millions of orders and shipments every month.
This is an exciting position to join a team that’s building a brand-new greenfield product. Our stack includes cutting-edge web development technologies, like Node.js, Next.js, React, and Tailwind UI.
We’re looking for a full-stack web developer who’s passionate about building high-quality responsive web apps, powered by scalable, performant back-ends. The right candidate will be someone who stays on top of modern web development trends, tools, and best practices and has some experience building production-grade websites.
- Be an active contributor during design and implementation phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Apply software engineering best practices while modifying/enhancing our software platform.
- Attend and contribute to design review meetings
- Offering input into the designs of product enhancements and third party integrations and documenting designs
- Actively documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Collaborate with other members of the software engineering team to develop shipping software products
- Working closely with other developers and product managers throughout the SDLC
- Being responsible for the implementation of new product features and enhancements with guidance and input from other team members
- Writing tests to support any source code changes made by this individual, performing code reviews, and related activities that contribute to development and maintenance of the Auctane software.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System, or equivalent years of relevant work experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- Keep your skills sharp and up-to-date with the latest full-stack technologies
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle, including design, development, testing, deployment, and operations
- Develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Apply software engineering best practices
- Collaborate with other members of the software engineering team to build products and features
- Perform code reviews of colleagues’ work and help foster a culture of quality
- Write tests to support any code you write and ensure that the CI/CD process detects any future breaking changes
- Can be productive and self-motivated in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Holds themselves to a high standard of quality and has meticulous attention to detail
- Has a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a thirst for knowledge — we're always looking for ways to improve our processes while continuing to produce high quality solutions for our customers
- HTML, CSS and React
- Familiar with build tools such as Webpack, Rollup, Babel and Typescript
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled