The Account Executive, Enterprise is part of the ShipEngine sales organization that includes Mid-Market Account Executives, Sales Development Managers, and a Solutions Architect.
The Account Executive, Enterprise on the ShipEngine sales team directly engages with our biggest prospective accounts on a daily basis to identify the value of ShipEngine for their business, resolve user concerns and convert them to ShipEngine committed-use paid subscribers. This position is responsible for managing relationships with C-level and technical decision makers.
The primary goal of this individual contributor position is to successfully increase the sales and adoption of the ShipEngine API solutions by sourcing, negotiating with and signing up enterprise-level corporate accounts. The Account Executive, Enterprise will work closely with the Solutions Architect to ensure the prospective client understands what they are purchasing and, upon contract signatures, is introduced to the Implementation Project Manager and Customer Success Manager for seamless onboarding.
- Achieve sales goals to increase ShipEngine Users, ShipEngine API usage, total shipment volume and revenue.
- Prepare and execute the sales strategy for companies shipping in excess of 500,000 annual shipments to exceed ShipEngine sales targets.
- Proactively engage with prospective ShipEngine Users to identify value for their business and seamless migration to the ShipEngine platform.
- Achieve expert skills on the ShipEngine platform in order to represent ShipEngine at industry events and on-site account visits as needed.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks):
- Achieve sales goals to increase ShipEngine Users, usage, shipments volume and revenue.
- Build a pipeline of prospects of at least 4x the expected sales results through email and cold calling.
- Set meetings with and conduct on-site visits with qualified prospects who require face to face sales to close.
- Work complex opportunities for ShipEngine with varying sales cycles.
- Close business to exceed quarterly metrics.
- Challenge, compete, and innovate to maintain the highest levels of performance to ensure sales targets are achieved.
- Work with Solutions Architect, Business Development and other departments to determine the best strategy to bring prospects onto the ShipEngine platform.
- Create a sales strategy for named and targeted accounts.
- Forecast revenue and course-correct what’s not working.
- Use the internal based "Socratic Value Selling" sales methodology.
- Qualify leads based on the ShipEngine sales strategy.
- Identify customer needs and tailor ShipEngine value to those needs.
- Attend ShipEngine conferences and events.
- Utilize multiple trainings and review in-house internal documents to maintain full knowledge of the ShipEngine offering.
- Maintain existing relationships and identify additional opportunities to grow accounts.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent years of experience.
- Five or more (5+) years in a User facing outbound sales role.
- At least Three (3) years SaaS software or equivalent sales experience required.
- Two or more (2+) years ecommerce experienced preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong understanding of e-commerce, shipping, and/or B2MB SaaS products
- API understanding preferred.
- Ability to think critically and identify a problem’s most fundamental elements.
- Outside Sales Expertise.
- Ability to self-manage your time and responsibilities.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient with the Salesforce.com CRM
- 10-15% annually
Additional Position Duties: – (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time.
- Walk short distances.
- Stand for short periods.
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled