Stamps Company Overview:
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to customers including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShipEngine®, ShippingEasy®, ShipWorks®, GlobalPost and MetaPack™. Stamps.com’s family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 500 unique partner applications.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
ShipEngine API is solving shipping and logistics for the biggest brands and eCommerce platforms by providing direct, reliable carrier connections. With the ShipEngine API solution, users need only to integrate to ShipEngine to gain access to multiple carrier integrations necessary for successful, efficient, cost-effective shipping. The ShipEngine API Sales and Services team identifies key opportunities, sells all ShipEngine services, and onboards new users.
The primary goal of the Account Executive role is to successfully increase the sales and adoption of the ShipEngine API solutions by sourcing, negotiating with and signing up mid-level corporate accounts. The Account Executive will work closely with a Solutions Architect to sell the value of ShipEngine, ensure the prospective client understands what they’re purchasing, negotiate pricing and contract terms, and provide a seamless onboarding experience with the Account Manager and Implementation Project Manager.
Essential Position Duties:
- Achieve sales goals to increase the total number of ShipEngine users, overall ShipEngine API usage, total shipment volume, and revenue.
- Along with marketing and SDRs, build a pipeline of prospects of at least 4x the expected sales results through prospecting tools, email and cold calling.
- Set virtual meetings and conduct on-site visits with qualified prospects.
- Work complex opportunities for ShipEngine with varying sales cycles.
- Close business to exceed quarterly metrics.
- Challenge, compete, and innovate to maintain the highest levels of performance to ensure sales targets are achieved.
- Successfully execute the sales strategy to exceed ShipEngine sales targets.
- Work with Solutions Architect, Business Development and other departments to execute on the best strategy to bring prospects onto the ShipEngine platform.
- Create a sales strategy for named and targeted accounts.
- Forecast revenue and course-correct to create and improve sales processes.
- Proactively engage with prospective ShipEngine users to identify value for their business and garner commitment to use the ShipEngine platform.
- Use effective sales methodologies.
- Qualify leads based on the ShipEngine sales strategy.
- Identify customer needs and tailor ShipEngine value to those needs.
- Gain an expert-level understanding of the ShipEngine platform to represent ShipEngine in virtual prospect meetings, at industry events and on-site account visits as needed (and when possible).
- Utilize multiple trainings and review in-house internal documents to maintain full knowledge of the ShipEngine offering.
- Attend ShipEngine conferences and events.
- Maintain existing relationships and identify additional opportunities to grow accounts.
Additional Position Duties:
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Five or more (5+) years in a user-facing outbound sales role
- Three or more (3+) years API or SaaS software or equivalent sales experience required
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Two or more (2+) years eCommerce experienced preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Substantial understanding of e-commerce, shipping, and B2B SaaS products
- API technology knowledge
- Ability to think critically and identify a problem’s most fundamental elements
- Outside Sales Expertise
- Ability to self-manage your time and responsibilities
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Proactive, well-organized, and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient with the Salesforce.com CRM
- 10-15% annually (when possible)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled