As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Merchant Success Specialist
Location: Remote in India
The Merchant Success Specialist (MSS) will join ShipBob’s growing Merchant Success team responsible for understanding the unique strategic needs of each of our merchants and delivering massive value to help facilitate their growth and success. The MSS will manage a portfolio of Shipbob's medium size merchants. This role will build and manage solid partnerships by working in concert with our merchants to do the following:
- Be a strategic partner with the merchant
- Enable merchant to achieve success by helping them grow their business
- Serve as an escalation point for Merchants
- Work with Merchants and cross-collaboratively with the ShipBob team to deliver against success criteria.
- Build solid relationships through regular proactive health checks, phone, and email correspondence to ensure a positive business impact.
- Own the outcomes of partnership with Merchant, including risk management and demonstrating positive value against success criteria.
What you’ll do:
- Understand merchant needs and goals.
- Continually re-evaluate success criteria, needs, and goals of merchants.
- Facilitate merchant growth and success.
- Develop a dynamic action plan including deliverables by ShipBob and recommendations for merchants to drive success.
- Drive merchant use of key ShipBob features.
- Marry merchant objectives with ShipBob capabilities to drive use and adoption of key functions and features as part of ShipBob’s offerings.
- Actively monitor merchant health and take quick and action to course-correct.
- Manage a book of approximately 40 merchants or work in tandem with a Merchant Success Manager on a team. Size of books will vary based on merchant size, growth and complexity.
- Nail Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Revenue Retention: You will receive a target forecast goal for your book of business at the beginning of the quarter. Performance is based on revenue as a percentage to forecast at the end of the quarter.
- Logo Retention: Based on percentage of merchants retained in a quarter within the book of business that the MSS manages.
- Churn: contribute to ShipBob’s company growth through high merchant retention.
- Upsell: usher in mutual success for Merchant and ShipBob through adoption of new, key features and services.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including the ability to express oneself with confidence.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sales and merchant services in the technology industry. Atleast 1 year in customer success,
- Keen perceptive intelligence in assessing merchant needs and driving solutions to meet those needs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral, written, and in-person mediums.
- Experience collaborating cross-departmentally to deliver comprehensive solutions for merchants.
- PowerPoint and Excel skills.
Reports to: Manager, Merchant Success
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with thousands of e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver a best in class experience to their customers.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago backed by blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.