Shift Technology is reinventing insurance claims automation and fraud detection with AI. We help insurers fully automate more claims, deliver a great customer experience while protecting against risk, and accurately identify suspected claims fraud, making investigative teams more effective and reducing fraud losses.
Since our launch in 2014 in Paris, we've raised over $300M with Tier 1 investors, opened offices in Boston, Tokyo, Singapore, London, Madrid, Zurich, and Hong Kong, and currently work with more than 80 insurers globally. If you are excited about joining a fast-growing insurtech innovator with a passion for excellence and global culture, Shift is the place for you.
Data Scientist Intern - Documents
Are you looking for an internship where you can get strong document computer-vision skills and solve real-life problems? Come and join the French Insurtech leader to change the insurance world with A.I.!
This position is for you if you are looking for an 4-6 months internship focused mainly on computer vision applied to documents: OCR and content extraction, as well as manipulation detection (Photoshop, noise, etc). We are looking preferably for someone applying for an end-of-studies internship to complete his/her degree, and who is interested in a permanent position!
As a member of the data science team, and working alongside our technical experts, your role will be key to implement and roll-out our automated document detection for clients. Your day-to-day will include :
- Set-up and deploy document data processing pipelines for our clients, including data reception in batches or in real-time, pre-processing, information extraction, post-processing, merge with other sources of data, ...
- Implement and test new algorithms to detect fraudulent documents, based on content, layout & manipulation traces
- Work closely with our clients to understand their needs, their feedback to improve our algorithms
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have a master’s degree in either Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- You have experience in computer vision on documents other than deep-learning
- You have experience in object-oriented programming
- You combine strong analysis with synthesis abilities and are not afraid to deal with the details
- You can write quality production code
- You are comfortable dealing with clients
- You can communicate clearly in English
NICE TO HAVE
- French, German, Spanish, Italian, or Portuguese at a fluent level
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- International environment (we have more than 35 nationalities represented at Shift!)
- Healthy seasonal basket fruits and cereals
- Welcome drinks / Team building events
- Workshop and training