Shift is a talent marketplace matching qualified military veterans to great organizations around the U.S. and world. We combine career development planning and discovery for veterans, strategic programming for hiring partners, and technology to uniquely match veterans to new opportunities.
We are backed by terrific venture investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Diversify Differently.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month career change program for qualified soon-to-be veterans during their final months of active duty service. If selected, participants are authorized to leave base, travel to the city where they want to live after finishing service, and start delivering impact in a new industry. Shift prepares candidates to translate their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city, with the goal of accepting a host company’s full-time offer at the end of the fellowship.
Our Veteran Program offers career change curriculum and career services for all U.S. Military Veterans. Those actively seeking their next role have the opportunity to match to new jobs within our hiring partner network.
We are seeking motivated recruiters to support the placement efforts of our Talent Strategy team. Talent Managers are an integral part of the Shift team interfacing with candidates and gaining deep knowledge of partner companies to make great matches and placements. This role will be part of the Talent Strategy team and report to the Talent Strategy Lead. Responsible for sourcing, matching and preparing veteran candidates for opportunities at Shift Partner companies, successful Talent Managers have:
- 2+ years of experience in recruiting. Agency recruiting experience is useful but not required if you are motivated to learn the role
- Empathy for Veterans, passion for our mission and deep desire to help military veterans land great jobs.
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- Collaborative attitude and enthusiasm working closely with Talent Teammates to accomplish goals
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity; ideal candidates will have experience working in rapidly-changing environments
- Coachable and excited about learning
- Experience with Linkedin Recruiter and other recruiting tools preferred
- A strong connection to the military preferred
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Change the lives of Military Veterans by helping them find their next career
- Reinvent the way forward-thinking companies hire veterans
- Develop, build and iterate on creative sourcing strategies
- Improve and scale candidate sourcing and preparation
- Collaborate closely with the Talent Strategy team to meet and exceed placement goals
- Work hard in a fast-paced environment building a one of a kind Talent Service for incredible companies
At Shift, we deeply value integrity, authenticity, clarity, accountability, and empathy. If these values are also important to you, we encourage you to apply and share your story with us!
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.