Shift is a mission-driven talent development company helping veterans find jobs they love. We use technology to match great people to organizations through immersive fellowship programs leading to high-contrast career shifts. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified service members during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for fellowships that utilize their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city and industry, with the goal of converting them into a full-time role they love.
The Partnerships Team at Shift is on the front lines of our business and is responsible for building relationships with hiring companies for our military fellows. You’ll be managing a group of our partnership executives (AEs) selling our Military Fellows Program into C-suite, HR and Diversity and Initiative leaders in major metropolitan job markets across the country, and will lay the foundation for successful partner implementations of the program. Initially reporting to the Vice President of Sales, this is a high-impact role managing a group of 5 sales executives (which you will grow to 8-10 in your first 6 months)
This is a unique opportunity to join a mission-driven startup with high-growth career potential. We are aggressively building our team in San Francisco and are looking for teammates with diverse backgrounds and experience. Compensation is a 50/50 split between base salary and uncapped performance bonus.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Manage half of our partnerships team
- Interview, hire and train new team members as needed
- Assist team members with closing new business with key potential partner companies
- Track and report on sales goals and metrics
- Forecast revenue for your team
- Motivate the partnerships team to meet their goals
- Work closely with the Vice President of Sales to define Partnership Team goals
- Partner with the Talent Strategy team to build on sales strategy and execution
- At least 2+ years of managing and directing sales teams
- Have ramped new hires and demonstrated ability to coach, develop, and retain top performers
- Proven track record of selling into C-Suite, HR and D&I leaders
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Clear and direct communicator able to give and receive direct feedback
- Strong connection to the military a plus
- Staffing industry experience a plus
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k match, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.