Head of Product
Shift is a mission-driven talent development company helping veterans find careers they deserve and love. We match great people to partner organizations through immersive fellowship and direct placement programs. Through skills translation, career coaching, and access to opportunities we power high-contrast career shifts. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified service members during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for fellowships that utilize their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city and industry, with the goal of converting them into a full-time role.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and empathetic product leader to join our mission as Head of Product as we continue to scale our business and offerings. Reporting directly into our CEO, you will work collaboratively across the team to expand and execute our current product roadmap. You will help us continue to define our product strategy so that we can help direct the 250,000 service members leaving the military every year to new opportunities. We are looking for a hands on leader who is excited about making career change accessible and scalable through innovative technologies and experiences.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Ownership over product roadmap: Work closely across the leadership team and company to translate strategic business goals into actionable product roadmaps. Develop and prioritize new strategies, product, and growth initiatives. Create a holistic experience for all of our Shift programs, to include Military Fellows, Shift Pathways, and other forthcoming initiatives
- Leadership: Work across the company to influence and partner on all product and experience initiatives. Continue to define and build out our product management and design teams
- Strategy & Execution: Work closely with the product team to refine product strategies and execute with consistency and quality
- Insights: Conduct research with users, partners and engineering to influence product decisions. Establish key success metrics for product
- Empathetic leader who has a passion for success
- Ability to build product roadmaps by balancing short-term business goals with long-term vision and strategy
- Ability to prioritize and organize the balance of new features, improvements, and bug fixes to ensure a high quality functioning product
- Experience developing a keen understanding of buying personas, users, industry influencers and decision makers
- Practice continuous learning by implementing product feedback loops (analytics, user interviews, etc.) that inform decision making
- Strong analytical, writing, verbal and time management skills
- A healthy level of skepticism and an analytical nature: ability to quickly absorb and analyze unfamiliar information to make decisions that are supported by sound evidence
- Proven ability to thrive under tight deadlines while successfully juggling a multitude of projects simultaneously
- Exceptional organizational, project and people management skills
- Passion for leading, mentoring and scaling product teams to reach their full potential
- Low ego, entrepreneurial, and forward thinking mind-set
- Accountability: you accept responsibility for your actions and the commitments you make to others
- Empathy: you're sensitive to the feelings and experiences of others, and you actively seek out new perspectives
- Clarity: you desire to bring new understanding to long-standing problems. Similar to transparency, you seek to clarify when rationale or expectations are unclear
- Principled: you stand for something bigger than yourself
- Authenticity: you understand the value of creating and sustaining a culture that allows people to bring their true and complete selves to work so that they can do their best work possible
- Integrity: you are steadfast to your personal values and bring honestly and strong ethical principles to your work
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.