Shift is a mission-driven talent development company helping veterans find jobs they love. We use technology to match great people to organizations through immersive fellowship programs leading to high-contrast career shifts. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified service members during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for fellowships that utilize their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city and industry, with the goal of converting them into a full-time role they love.
Partnerships at Shift are on the front lines of our business and have the unique opportunity to build relationships with some of the most dynamic, empathetic, and innovative leaders within HR, Diversity & Inclusion, and the C-suite. Through these relationships, you will have the opportunity to deliver unique employment opportunities for our military fellows that change lives. Reporting to our VP of Sales, you’ll be a core member of our growing sales team and will help create repeatable processes to support our ability to scale and help more veterans make meaningful career shifts.
Simply put, Shift is different. When we show up at a company it’s a different conversation that gets partners excited about how we can help elevate the culture of their teams through programs and talent from non-traditional backgrounds. This is a unique opportunity to join a mission-driven startup with high-growth career potential. We pride ourselves on actively building a diverse culture at Shift and are looking for high EQ individuals to join our team and help continue to make our culture uniquely special. We are actively expanding our Account Executive team in SF and are looking for teammates with diverse backgrounds and experience. Compensation is a 50/50 split with an uncapped OTE of 160k.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Create and foster relationships. You’ll be the face of Shift and will effectively network with potential partner company leaders to deepen relationships, stay current on business needs, and assess Shift’s brand image in the market. You’ll also build internal relationships at Shift that will be vital to your success.
- Grow revenue. You’ll be expected to meet or exceed sales goals in your assigned territory, and deliver scalable, predictable revenue growth.
- Build your own pipeline. You’ll cultivate a healthy mix of inbound and outbound leads to exceed your quota, using a variety of technology tools to support these efforts.
- Be the voice of the Partner. You’ll effectively communicate the expectations and needs of our partners to the implementation team.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Effectively communicate the value of our program for partner companies and military fellows
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of Shift’s product offerings and common partner questions
- Build rapport and collaborate with internal stakeholders across Shift
- Understand the competitive landscape within your assigned territory
- Execute a high-volume of outbound lead generation in your territory to identify, engage and develop relationships with potential partners
- Meet or exceed monthly assigned sales quota by accurately forecasting, effectively managing a pipeline of opportunities, and advancing deals to closure per projected timelines
- Work with management to continually improve the sales process
- Leverage your experience and ideas to enhance our company’s culture and advance our vision for the future
- 2+ years experience in an account executive or other client-facing sales role at a high-growth company or staffing and recruiting agency
- Passionate about our mission to enable high-contrast career shifts for military veterans
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate, network and develop relationships
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong EQ and empathy for others
- Naturally curious, with exceptional consultative selling and closing skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with minimal oversight
- Detail, process and solution-oriented
- Experience across a variety of software platforms and tools or the ability to quickly learn new platforms
- Highly adaptable and eager to work in a growing start-up
- Prior SDR or Account Executive experience a plus
- Strong connection to the military a plus
We welcome and embrace all backgrounds and diversity as we work hard everyday to help companies excel at hiring talent with non-traditional backgrounds. If you don’t meet every bullet point we still strongly encourage you to apply. We are growing quickly and want to meet people passionate about our mission.
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.