As an Automotive Loan Analyst Manager, you'll lead a remote team of analysts as they collaborate with our lenders and sales teams to build the best financing experience for our customers. We’re not only making car purchase and ownership simple, we’re completely redefining the experience, empowering our customers with financing tailored for them. Our team of analysts guide our customers through the process; they present approvals, educate on lender stipulation documents, and are the front line of defense against bad actors committing fraud. The analyst team is simultaneously tasked with locking down air-tight approvals while keeping customer appointment time to a minimum. We’re looking for a dynamic top performer who understands what it takes to scale a team, drive efficiencies, and champion the individual analysts in their success. You will work in your own personal Loan Zone (equipment provided) and report to our Director of Sales, F&I.About the role/Position Overview:
What you'll do/Duties (Essential Functions):
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Develop and manage a team of Automotive Loan Analysts as they navigate credit analysis, fraud detection, and top-tier customer service
- Oversee daily operations of the department including designating work priorities, scheduling, monitoring attendance, quality assurance, team throughput and resolving escalated issues
- Build campaigns and strategies to maximize loan margins and minimize appointment times
- Analyse and revise department workflow standards to exceed key performance indicators
- Build and maintain meaningful lender relationships to secure competitive interest rates and financing programs
- Partner and collaborate with various departments to ensure team efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Conduct regular 1:1 coaching meetings with each team member to help develop their growth and individual career path within Shift
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages repeat customers and referrals
- Cultivate and maintain positive team culture and morale
- Interview, select and onboard Automotive Loan Analysts
**Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain an all-inclusive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What we ask for/Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- Must have experience in indirect auto lending, including originations
- Dealership F&I or credit analyst manager experience preferred
- Customer service experience strong desired
- 2+ years in collections & recovery or fraud preferred
- 5+ years of auto finance experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to lead, coach and mentor
- Problem solving mentality with the ability to improve operational efficiency
- Must have excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Solid critical thinking abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Will remain in a seated position for extended periods of time.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer.
- Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
Shift is a leading end-to-end auto ecommerce platform transforming the used car industry with a technology-driven, hassle-free customer experience. Our mission is to make buying or selling a used car fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. Having gone public in October 2020, we are at the beginning of our journey and hope you join us for the ride!
At Shift, we’re all about growth - we are a culture of people who are eager to grow, who are ready to roll up their sleeves and learn new things. We were founded by a scrappy group of visionaries who were by no means “car experts” but who had the desire to work together to change an industry. We’ll take the open-minded go-getter over the pure subject matter expert any day.
We also believe cars are meant for everyone, so our company should be, too. We never discriminate against any candidate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds and walks of life to apply, even if you’re unsure if you meet all the requirements. (Even if this particular role isn’t the right fit, chances are we will have the right one soon.)