About the Role
Within the organization, the Sales Leadership team is responsible for driving Sales volume and efficiency. Through this, the Field Sales Manager will own and drive continuous improvements in sales and business metrics through coaching and mentoring front line field sellers. We are looking for a motivated and charismatic leader to win the hearts and minds of the team and drive excellence through leveraging data driven leadership and coaching methodology. You will provide ongoing and frequent interaction with the field sales team to ensure optimal performance including 1:1’s, ride alongs and follow up shadowing. The Field Sales Manager will be responsible for driving highly efficient lower funnel conversions by teaching the team exceptional value proposition and meticulous follow-up. In this hands-on role, you will partner with operations to build and operate mechanisms to ensure sales schedules are optimized, customer experience excellence is maintained and outcomes are achieved. This role will interact with all parts of operations, and executive level business leadership on innovative ways to improve our sales costs and overall business metrics.
- Successfully Manages Sales Objectives
- Partners with Executive Leadership and Sales Operations to develop, monitor, and adjust sales goals (financial/budgets and volumes) to achieve sales objectives.
- Monitors sales and profitability to ensure strategic goals are being met.
- Proactively develops action plans to correct performance in order to consistently meet sales goals and revenue targets.
- Analyzes local market and historical data to develop growth plan and identify areas of opportunity.
- Partners with GM to develop and implement effective conversion and cost control strategies.
- Plays a Key Role in Strategic Planning
- Develops the market-level plan; consistently evaluates performance to develop methods for improving performance and ensures we consistently have the right candidate for the right position.
- Analyzes current market conditions.
- Adheres to the corporate requirements for using the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Promotes Personnel Engagement and Ensures Development/Management
- Identifies opportunities to improve market effectiveness.
- Creates development plans for the sales team to continuously improve performance against metrics to meet or exceed their goals.
- Works closely with team members to establish their weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
- Assists the GM with recruiting and interviewing for local positions.
- Consistently develops and maintains external relationships to reach out and solicit highly qualified candidates who would be quality hires.
- Consultative sales experience required.
- A minimum of (5) years in position of Sales Management or similar positions
- Automotive Finance & Insurance experience desired.
- Valid Driver's License in applicable state (or ability to obtain upon relocation) and a good driving record;
- Experience in establishing action plans to drive performance of sales
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to motivate, inspire and get buy-in from others
- Flexibility to provide cover for store opening hours, including evenings and weekends
Shift is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestory, citizenship status, age, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical conditions defined by applicable law, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.