We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. At SHIFT, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go. We’ve recently entered the public markets (Nasdaq: SFT) and are experiencing rapid growth. This is a great opportunity to join a hyper growth company changing an industry!
You’re a natural leader. You do what’s right – for customers and your team. You have a knack for motivating and leading remote sales teams to reach their goals and create great customer experiences that cultivate long-lasting impressions. You are responsible for creating an environment that delivers an exceptional experience for both customers and your direct reports. You ensure the success of your team by identifying and hiring top talent; developing each member of your team to his/her fullest potential; setting clear directions; creating great partnerships within the Acquisitions organization and the Shift team at large - all while maintaining a focus on our customers, employees, and our goals.
Under your responsibility you’ll have a team of Acquisitions Associates whose goal is to convince car owners interested in selling us their cars to schedule evaluation appointments, and ultimately to sell us their car. Your team will build rapport, have meaningful conversations with customers and engage them to understand and qualify their cars. You’ll work with other internal teams to create a thoughtful and seamless process that will make the experience of selling their car to Shift a smooth and enjoyable one.
- Drive results by analyzing performance, management of the team, and execution of strategies
- Hire, train and develop a strong team of Acquisitions Associates who deliver on the company’s goals and reflects its values
- Actively identify, coach, motivate, and support employees so that they can meet their personal goals and provide superior service to every customer
- Set clear objectives for your team and for each employee, and monitor progress and track results
- Implement, supervise and direct regular training to ensure all employees are trained in Operations, Sales, and other company policies
- Execute assigned strategies to ensure your team meets or exceeds performance objectives
- Interact at different levels within the organization and work closely with key partners to develop continuous improvement plans.
- Prepare reports and communications regarding your team’s operations and performance as needed
- Conduct planning sessions and performance reviews. Recognize strong performance and discipline when necessary
- Be visible and foster team member connectedness and satisfaction in a remote environment
- A can-do & results focused attitude
- Demonstrated pattern of thinking strategically and acting tactically with a track record of results
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Flexible team player who places a high emphasis towards internal and external customer experience.
- Computer proficiency and systems knowledge of common business applications (G-suite, M-Office, CRM)
- Ability to work an occasional varied schedule to support the needs of the business, including some extended workdays, occasional weekends and/or holidays.
- Experience with Apple products a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Will remain in a seated position for extended periods of time.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer.
- Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
As a Valuable Member of Our Team, You’ll Receive
- Competitive base salary plus commissions with lucrative earning potential
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage. Shift offers plans that include 100% of employee premiums covered.
- A collaborative environment, along with mentorship and career growth potential.