Once our cars have been inspected by highly skilled mechanics, we have to decide on repairs, price those repairs, and coordinate having the repairs done. Repairs are done within our internal repair shops or taken to independent repair shops, dealerships, & body shops. We are looking for a Service Advisor who is organized, a team player, and excited by a fast-paced environment!
What you’ll do:
- Interpret mechanical inspection report and decide on repairs needed.
- Estimate repair cost using “RO Writer” or similar software, accurately documenting all costs for parts, labor, and/or sublet.
- Once approved, manage repair process, including creating the repair orders from the estimates, ordering parts, dispatching and overseeing work internally and/or subletting repairs to our external vendors and negotiating pricing.
- Organize car logistics to and from repair locations.
- Administer invoices of vendors and enter invoices/repair summaries into Salesforce.
- Efficiently communicate with internal and external technicians and vendors to accurately document concerns, diagnostic results, and recommendations
What we’re looking for:
- Availability to work Monday - Friday 2:30pm-11pm, and Weekend availability
- 5+ years experience as service representative at recognized dealership or large independent repair station.
- European vehicle experience highly desired.
- Detail-oriented and precise.
- Skilled at multi-tasking, with ability to handle several work-streams at the same time.
- Self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative, flexibility, teamwork, and maturity under pressure, while also demonstrating great judgment and ability to resolve issues as they arise.
- Eagerness and desire to take on new responsibilities.
- Willing to work some weekends.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
Shift is a leading end-to-end auto ecommerce platform transforming the used car industry with a technology-driven, hassle-free customer experience. Our mission is to make buying or selling a used car fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. Having gone public in October 2020, we are at the beginning of our journey and hope you join us for the ride!
At Shift, we’re all about growth - we are a culture of people who are eager to grow, who are ready to roll up their sleeves and learn new things. We were founded by a scrappy group of visionaries who were by no means “car experts” but who had the desire to work together to change an industry. We’ll take the open-minded go-getter over the pure subject matter expert any day.
We also believe cars are meant for everyone, so our company should be, too. We never discriminate against any candidate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds and walks of life to apply, even if you’re unsure if you meet all the requirements. (Even if this particular role isn’t the right fit, chances are we will have the right one soon.)