What you’ll do:
- Be in compliance with Shift, OSHA, EPA and State and Local EH&S laws
- Apply auto paint to vehicles without defects.
- Determine appropriate paint colors for the purposes of painting vehicles to a high standard.
- Any repairs including body repairs including sanding, grinding and welding
- Paint preparation and application of materials, which requires the use of a respirator
- Maintain, repair and clean equipment
- Repairing vehicles to meet Shift cosmetic standards
- Drive vehicles as needed to support the business
- Conduct in a manner that provides exceptional customer service in compliance with Shift guidelines
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience of Automotive painting (preferred)
- Ability to work hours that may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Expected to follow Shift’s apparel guidelines and wear EH&S equipment when required
- Great attention to detail
- Able to read and interpret data in several different formats in order to maintain accurate records.
- Successfully exhibit teamwork with and through associates of other departments with in Hubs
- Can communicate effectively with associates and customers, in person and in tech applications.
- Must perform multiple tasks in a fast paced working environment to achieve team goals
- Comply with OSHA requirements for performing the job, including 29 CFR section 1910.134 which requires a respirator fit test, the satisfactory completion of a questionnaire and, if necessary, respiratory medical evaluation in connection with the use of a respirator.
- Ability to walk or stand for extended times
- Have the ability to lift objects of at least 50lbs
Shift is a leading end-to-end auto ecommerce platform transforming the used car industry with a technology-driven, hassle-free customer experience. Our mission is to make buying or selling a used car fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. Having gone public in October 2020, we are at the beginning of our journey and hope you join us for the ride!
At Shift, we’re all about growth - we are a culture of people who are eager to grow, who are ready to roll up their sleeves and learn new things. We were founded by a scrappy group of visionaries who were by no means “car experts” but who had the desire to work together to change an industry. We’ll take the open-minded go-getter over the pure subject matter expert any day.
We also believe cars are meant for everyone, so our company should be, too. We never discriminate against any candidate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds and walks of life to apply, even if you’re unsure if you meet all the requirements.
Location: 30 Tanforan Avenue // South San Francisco, CA 94080. Future location: Oakland (March 2022)