Your role is to ensure that our central DocOps team has all documents they need to process DMV transactions that are fully supported throughout the Shift purchasing process. In addition, you will also be trained and available to assist with customer appointments. Your success in the role will ensure that the company provides all of our customers with the smoothest and easiest experience possible. Our ideal candidate is someone who is detailed oriented with a background in processing automotive documents. We are constantly improving our processes at Shift and need individuals who are motivated by a fast-paced environment where creativity and innovation are highly encouraged.
- Prepare title work for used retail and wholesale vehicle sales with precise accuracy
- Coordinate with Lithia to receive/send title documents
- Prepare permits for BINs and/or sales within OR state
- Audit / troubleshoot DMV paperwork to meet state requirements
- Be the liaison between Shift and OR DMV Investigations
- Manage vehicle sale documentation including title, transfer, and supporting documents
- Organize and file DMV documents
- Sync on processes with the team to improve efficiency
- Prepare outgoing FedEx and USPS shipments
- Create CS cases to reach out to the customer for various items (DEQ, missing docs)
- Evaluating customer’s vehicles and providing them with accurate vehicle valuations
- Providing customers smooth and easy test drive and delivery appointments
- Facilitating the purchase and sale of vehicles by becoming an expert on DMV paperwork
- Solving problems by working hand in hand with internal Sales, Financing, and Field Support Reps
- Making efficient decisions to ensure successful appointments and excellent customer experience.
- Partnering with the customer to provide excellent service on a daily basis during every interaction
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- A keen eye for detail; thoroughness is mandatory
- Organized, trustworthy, likable, well-spoken
- Savvy and smart; we expect you to constantly be thinking about how we can improve our process
- Nice to have previous automotive dealership experience in a similar role; deep understanding of all aspects of finance and paperwork related to delivering vehicles to customers
- Experience with DMV titling and preparing documents
- Understanding of DMV laws, regulations, processes, and forms necessary to facilitate vehicle transactions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales agreements, tax and title documents, and procedure manuals
- Salesforce experience
Shift is a leading end-to-end auto ecommerce platform transforming the used car industry with a technology-driven, hassle-free customer experience. Our mission is to make buying or selling a used car fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. Having gone public in October 2020, we are at the beginning of our journey and hope you join us for the ride!
At Shift, we’re all about growth - we are a culture of people who are eager to grow, who are ready to roll up their sleeves and learn new things. We were founded by a scrappy group of visionaries who were by no means “car experts” but who had the desire to work together to change an industry. We’ll take the open-minded go-getter over the pure subject matter expert any day.
We also believe cars are meant for everyone, so our company should be, too. We never discriminate against any candidate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds and walks of life to apply, even if you’re unsure if you meet all the requirements. (Even if this particular role isn’t the right fit, chances are we will have the right one soon.)