We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go. We’ve recently entered the public markets (Nasdaq: SFT) and are experiencing rapid growth. This is a great opportunity to join a hyper growth company changing the world’s largest industry!
About the Role
Our Director of Business Operations & Analytics is looking for a dedicated partner for our next Manager, Product Analytics. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for building, curiosity for problem solving, and a collaborative approach to everything they do. Leading cross functional teams, partnering with leadership on business strategy and solving Shift’s most critical challenges will be key aspects of the day to day in this role. With over $300 million in newly raised capital, Shift is poised for aggressive growth over the next few years and our Manager, Product Analytics will be a vital member of our future success!
- Develop hypotheses and A/B test solutions to enhance business performance through continuous improvement, refine KPIs, and report progress towards goals to management.
- Leverage technical skills to create data visualizations, identify trends, determine root-causes, and provide strategic insights on business performance via SQL queries and data analytics techniques.
- Manage partnerships with Product, Engineering, and Business leaders to determine the strategic vision for growth and improvement opportunities while beating timelines.
- Proactively identify opportunities through systematic, rigorous measurement, analysis, and execution; implementing best-practices, and sharing experimental learnings to drive product recommendations to improve upon the systems in place.
- Become an analytics/data subject matter expert by developing perspectives on key customer behaviors and interactions with our product.
- 5-9 years of experience, with a combination of management consulting, business operations, product management, or quantitative analysis.
- You are highly analytical and data-driven -- you can execute on complex analyses, size opportunity areas, and define, measure and report on performance across multiple KPIs (sales, visitors, clicks, etc.) while working cross-functionally to deliver results.
- Experience with relational databases, BI tooling, product analytics, and data analysis techniques (SQL, Tableau, Periscope, Amplitude, Microsoft Access, Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Collaborative contributor who enjoys having fun at work, loves a challenge and wants to grow professionally. Previous people management experience is a plus!
- Detail oriented and expert in both qualitative and quantitative analysis with a passion for delivering actionable insights to key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with great meeting time management, and people skills.
- Ability to lead and execute a project from start to finish with independence, creative thinking, and resourcefulness, with a desire to roll up your sleeves and get any job done.
Who We Are
At Shift, we’re all about growth - which means people who are eager to grow, who are ready to roll up their sleeves and learn new things. We were founded by a scrappy group of visionaries who were by no means “car experts” - so we don’t expect you to be one, either! We’ll take the open-minded go-getter over the pure subject matter expert any day. In that spirit, we also care about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and company. To put it simply, cars are meant for everyone, so we believe our company should be, too. We never discriminate against any candidate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds and walks of life to apply, even if you’re unsure if you meet all the requirements. (Even if this particular role isn’t the right fit, chances are we will have the right one soon!)