About the role:
Shift’s Photography Associates are key members of Shift’s operations as they support both photography and reconditioning activities at Shift. The Photography Associate is primarily responsible for producing professional and quality photos of Shifts sellable inventory. In this role you will use your knowledge of how to use DSLR cameras, and Photo management software to capture quality photos, including capturing consistent “Wear and Tear” photos that match our Condition reports and meet Shift’s damage standards. In addition to Photography duties, the Photography Associates supports their local Recondition operations as needed to support internal goals and objectives. .
What you’ll do:
- Capture professional photos for all vehicles - including interior panorama, exterior 360 spin, interior details and special features, as well as damage/wear and tear photos.
- Ensure that wear and tear photos match the defects noted on Shift condition report
- Upload photo sets to Dropbox and SpinCar applications.
- Manually tag damage photos in SpinCar.
- Reshoot photos as directed by Photo Manager or Recon Manager
- Work closely with Shift’s offshore site quality team on ensuring consistency and quality standards.
- Act as a Final Quality Control check by ensuring cars meet Shift’s damage standards prior to photo shoot
- Effectively manage quality of Reconditioning by assessing if repairs were complete, or the quality of repairs according to Shift standards
- Maintain a clean working environment, including daily upkeep to ensure orderliness and standards
- Meet daily and weekly photo targets as set by the Photography Manager and local Reconditioning Mgr.
- Perform in-person Asset Verification/Top Features on vehicles in Recon WIP.
What we’re looking for:
- At least one year of photography experience using DSLR cameras and basic photo software (Canon cameras a plus)
- Verified experience of working in fast paced, flexible working environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends
- Valid Driver's License and ability to drive manual
- Effective written and verbal communication, both in person and over email/Slack
- Ability to follow directions from Photo lead and Recon managers
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life etc that starts day 1 on the job!)
- 401k plan
- Paid time off
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
SHIFT is an Equal Opportunity Employer