We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At SHIFT, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go. We’ve recently entered the public markets (Nasdaq: SFT) and are experiencing rapid growth. This is a great opportunity to join a hyper growth company changing an industry!
About the role
Our Director of Business Operations & Analytics is looking for a dedicated partner for our next Business Operations and Analytics Manager. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for building, curiosity for problem solving, and a collaborative approach to everything they do. Leading cross functional teams, partnering with leadership on business strategy and solving Shift’s most critical challenges will be key aspects of the day to day in this role. With over $300 million in newly raised capital, Shift is poised for aggressive growth over the next few years and our Business Operations & Analytics Manager will be a vital member of our future success!
- Manage partnerships with Sales, Marketing, and Product to determine the strategic vision for revenue generation and growth opportunities.
- Develop hypotheses and A/B test solutions to enhance business performance through continuous improvement, refine KPI’s, and report progress towards goals to management.
- Drive data visualizations/models to identify trends, determine root-causes, and provide strategic insights on sales performance by leveraging SQL and data analytics techniques
- Structure complex and ambiguous business issues and develop compelling, insightful recommendations to improve upon the systems in place. Proactively identify improvement opportunities through systematic, rigorous measurement, analysis, and execution.
- Provide strategic and data driven insight to key business stakeholders and team members.
- 5-10 years of experience, with a combination of management consulting, business operations, project management, or quantitative analysis.
- Empathy - the most successful candidates will be able to place themselves in our customers shoes, understand their pain points and effectively address them through technology and process improvements.
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- Experience with relational databases, BI tooling, and data analysis techniques (SQL, Tableau, Periscope, Microsoft Access, Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Collaborative contributor who enjoys having fun at work, loves a challenge and wants to grow professionally. Previous people management experience is a plus!
- Detail oriented and expert in both qualitative and quantitative analysis with a passion for delivering actionable insights to key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with great meeting time management, and people skills.
- Ability to execute and lead a project from start to finish with independence, resourcefulness, and creative thinking
Who We Are
At Shift, we’re all about growth - which means people who are eager to grow, who are ready to roll up their sleeves and learn new things. We were founded by a scrappy group of visionaries who were by no means “car experts” - so we don’t expect you to be one, either! We’ll take the open-minded go-getter over the pure subject matter expert any day. In that spirit, we also care about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and company. To put it simply, cars are meant for everyone, so we believe our company should be, too. We never discriminate against any candidate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds and walks of life to apply, even if you’re unsure if you meet all the requirements. (Even if this particular role isn’t the right fit, chances are we will have the right one soon!)
Why Join Now?
Having gone public in October 2020, we are at the beginning of our journey and hope you join us for the ride! Shift is a leading end-to-end auto e-commerce platform transforming the used car industry with a technology-driven, hassle-free customer experience. Shift’s mission is to make buying or selling a used car fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We provide comprehensive, digital solutions throughout the car ownership lifecycle: finding the right car, having a test drive brought to you before buying the car, a seamless digitally-driven purchase transaction including financing and vehicle protection products, an efficient, digital trade-in/sale transaction, and a vision to provide high-value support services during car ownership.