We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We are looking for a self-starter who loves the thrill of supporting talent acquisition and sourcing top talent in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Someone who is looking to have a high impact in their role and has the desire and ability to support new processes, contribute to Shift’s employment brand, help scale our culture, and a whole lot more. You will partner directly with your recruiting team and hiring managers to understand their unique hiring needs. Ambiguous tasks excite you, and you see opportunity versus challenge when it comes to building something that no one at Shift, or in the industry, has built before.
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to meet you.
What you’ll do:
- Schedule interviews with candidates and hiring managers. This includes phone interviews, in-person, and virtual interviews. You may also be asked to coordinate travel arrangements for candidates.
- Partner with hiring managers to guarantee a smooth and efficient scheduling process.
- Clearly communicate with candidates to guarantee an exceptional candidate experience.
- Use our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse) to support the recruiting team.
- Respond to requests from recruiters and hiring managers in a timely fashion
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Special projects as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience, inclusive of internships working in Recruiting, HR or related experience in meeting fast-paced client needs
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with Google Suite
- Exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the professional savvy of communicating at all levels
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- You’re agile. You possess a natural, yet professional ease at working with and relating to the needs of internal clients in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- You’re extremely flexible, proactive, highly organized, and able to easily shift priorities
Who We Are
At Shift, we’re all about growth - which means people who are eager to grow, who are ready to roll up their sleeves and learn new things. We were founded by a scrappy group of visionaries who were by no means “car experts” - so we don’t expect you to be one, either!
We’ll take the open-minded go-getter over the pure subject matter expert any day. In that spirit, we also care about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and company. To put it simply, cars are meant for everyone, so we believe our company should be, too. We never discriminate against any candidate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds and walks of life to apply, even if you’re unsure if you meet all the requirements. (Even if this particular role isn’t the right fit, chances are we will have the right one soon!)
Why Join Now?
Having gone public in October 2020, we are at the beginning of our journey and hope you join us for the ride! Shift is a leading end-to-end auto e-commerce platform transforming the used car industry with a technology-driven, hassle-free customer experience. Shift’s mission is to make buying or selling a used car fun, fair, and accessible to everyone.
We provide comprehensive, digital solutions throughout the car ownership lifecycle: finding the right car, having a test drive brought to you before buying the car, a seamless digitally-driven purchase transaction including financing and vehicle protection products, an efficient, digital trade-in/sale transaction, and a vision to provide high-value support services during car ownership.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.