Shift is looking for talented Lead Development Representatives to help us bring car inventory into our pipeline. We want someone who is high energy, hungry to succeed, and comfortable with working in a rapidly changing start-up environment. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to hear from you!
This position could be a good fit for you if:
- You’re a self-starter with a great attitude who enjoys solving problems and taking on difficult challenges
- You take ownership of your role and demonstrate your value in actions, not words
- You can think on your feet. You enjoy learning new things and can learn them quickly; change excites you
- You communicate clearly and you listen carefully. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re capable of successfully providing information through writing and on the phone.
What you’ll do:
- Qualifying and developing inbound and outbound leads and responding to inquiries
- Utilize different methods of communicating with potential buyers and sellers (via phone, email, chat and text)
- Managing and overcoming potential buyer and seller objections
- Accurately tracking all communications in CRM system
- Leveraging promotional campaigns to develop buyers and sellers
- Working collaboratively across Shift teams to achieve goals
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years experience with a track record of success in Lead Generation or Inside Sales
- An energetic personality who communicates effectively and respectfully with customers over the phone, chat and email.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- A self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a team environment and treats everyone with respect
- Experienced in the automobile industry is a plus, but not necessary
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers. Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.