Shift is looking for an email marketing guru to lead this critical touchpoint with our customers. The role requires both analytical rigor and a creative/design sensibility. You will revamp and execute our lifecycle marketing strategy from the ground up. In addition to owning email, you will be a key cross-functional partner that provides insights for product improvements and overall marketing optimization.
What you'll do
- Hands-on creation of emails and setting up tailored campaigns and workflows to deliver the right content, at the right time, to the right audiences and segments.
- Ideate and execute on an effective email strategy plan across all email, both marketing and transactional.
- Continuously experiment, running A/B tests on everything from subject lines and CTAs to send times, layouts, and more.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in the email lifecycle process to drive impactful change
- Be the master of your metrics and analytics to continuously report out and improve performance and ROI.
- Strategically evaluate the entire email marketing ecosystem, identify gaps, and come up with solutions.
- Work with Design, Sales, Engineering and Operations to create relevant messaging to address customer needs.
- Able to self-sufficiently pull appropriate audience lists either from Iterable or our database
What we ask for
- Three plus years of email marketing experience
- Fluent in HTML/CSS to author and debug emails
- Must be able to work independently and own all aspects of the email program
- Excellent written and verbal communication and proofreading skills
- Designing, executing, and measuring email effectiveness
- Must be scrappy and a good project manager to create/gather compelling content and visuals
- Highly organized and meticulous attention to detail
Nice to have
- Familiarity with graphics, photography and/or Photoshop experience
- Experience with analytical tools like Google Analytics, Periscope Data, and Salesforce
- Familiarity with SQL
- Experience with Iterable