We are a well-funded early-stage startup based in SF that has created a proprietary single cell platform for the development of more effective cancer immunotherapies. We are looking for a research associate to join our interdisciplinary team. The candidate is expected to learn quickly and communicate well, especially in a fast-paced startup environment. The candidate will work directly with all members of the team. The ideal profile is someone who wants to gain a few years of research experience before going back to graduate school or someone who has just finished college/master's and wants to support scientists in the long term.
We pay a competitive salary with up to 10% salary bonus with a 4% salary 401k match, and full benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, $300/month commuter benefits and daily lunch ($24/day).
• Next Gen Sequencing, including library prep, PCR and running Illumina sequencers
• Primary human T cell and B cell culture: feeding and maintaining the health of primary T cells, prepare cell culture media
• Ability to follow protocols to prepare reagents and carry out experiments, including Cell Engineering and Sequencing
• Support Scientist-level researchers in their experiments
• Willingness to take on other tasks as needed in a biotech startup environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent
• Responsible, accountable, and detail-oriented
• Basic skill sets required: NGS (library prep, running Illumina Sequencers), Primary T Cell culture, Crispr KO, Transduction, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, DNA/RNA extraction, and PCR
• 1-3 years of laboratory technician, or research experience, especially in supporting more experienced engineers/scientists in an industrial setting.
• Detail oriented, excellent organization skills and communication skills
At Shennon Bio, we are dedicated to advancing immunology research and making a positive impact on healthcare. If you are results-oriented with a passion for innovation, we encourage you to apply and join our dynamic team.
Shennon Bio is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Job Type: Full-time, Mon-Fri
Benefits: Daily lunch + Commuter benefits + Health insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision, 100% premium covered for Gold plan) + life insurance, flexible time off and sick leave, unlimited healthy snacks and drinks.
Company Culture: Collaboration, Ownership and Authenticity.