We are a well-funded startup based in San Francisco in the Dogpatch neighborhood next to UCSF Mission Bay. We have developed a proprietary ultrahigh throughput single cell platform to profile the immune system to find better targets for immunotherapy. We are looking for a senior microfluidics engineer to join our interdisciplinary team. The candidate should have deep expertise in microfluidics and single cell manipulations, and be able to execute on independent projects. He/she is expected to adapt quickly and communicate well, especially in a fast-paced startup environment. The candidate will collaborate with other microfluidics engineers and be part of an exciting journey.
We pay a competitive salary with equity and full benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k match, daily lunch and commuter benefits.
- Deep expertise in drop-based microfluidics for single cell manipulation and cell analysis
- Expertise in building systems for droplet merging, sorting, mixing and other droplet manipulations
- Experience in designing barcodes, libraries, assays and systems for single cell tagging and sequencing.
Skills and Qualifications
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, Materials Science and Engineering, or a relevant field with experiences in microfluidics and working with cells.
- 5+ years of work experiences including PhD in droplet-based microfluidics, especially in single live cell manipulations and single cell sequencing
- Ability to design and build systems
- Ability to design assays and experiments
- Execute fast with high quality results, with a habit of excellence.
- Great communicator and a team player
- Prior experiences working at startups is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time, Mon-Fri
- Cash Comp: $120,000 - $160,000 base salary (depending on depth of expertise) + 10% bonus + $40K-60K equity + 4% salary 401K match
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision insurances; Daily Lunches, Commuter benefits; Flexible time off and sick leave, unlimited snacks and drinks
Benefits: daily lunch + commuter benefits + health insurance (100% premium covered for Gold plan) + life insurance, Flexible time off and sick leave, unlimited healthy snacks and drinks.
Collaboration, Ownership and Authenticity.