We are a well-funded biotech startup in San Francisco that has developed a proprietary single cell platform that resolves a bottleneck for immunotherapy. We are utilizing the platform to develop the next generation of immunotherapies that could cure cancer. We are looking to double the current size of our team and are actively hiring for many positions. This post is to recruit another scientist in immuno-oncology to join our interdisciplinary team. The ideal candidate would have worked on antigen presentation, TCR-antigen interaction and TCR validation.
The candidate is expected to adapt quickly and communicate well, especially in a fast-paced startup environment. He/she will collaborate with other team members and be part of an exciting journey. We offer competitive salaries with bonus, equity, as well as full benefits that include 4% salary 401k match, commuter benefits, daily lunch, health insurances (medical, dental, vision, 100% premium covered), life insurances, and unlimited snacks and drinks.
- Work with the immunology team to plan and execute key experiments
- Design and run immuno-assays
- Handling PBMCs, engineer and expand T cells, B cells
- Design and run in vitro and in vivo validation assays of TCR targets
- Work with the platform team and the bioinformatics team to identify targets and develop therapies
Skills and Qualifications
- Doctoral (PhD) degree in molecular biology, immunology, bioengineering or equivalent
- Expertise in T cell biology and antigen presentation, experience in single cell sequencing
- Expertise in immunology and oncology(tumor models, cancer types and lines of therapy)
- Skilled in Assay Development, Cell isolation, Cell engineering, Gene editing (CRISPR, Lentiviral, Retroviral)
- Expertise in Flow Cytometry, FACS cell sorters, FlowJo, PCR etc.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changes in a startup environment
- Ability to communicate well and to think strategically
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation: $115K-140K + 10% bonus + $35K-60K equity + 4% salary 401K match
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision insurances; Daily Lunches, Commuter benefits; Flexible time off and sick leave, unlimited snacks and drinks