You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!
MRO Storeroom Attendant
RATES: $18.00 - $20.00
Your seat at the best snacks table:
The MRO Storeroom Attendant maintains corporate storeroom standards, inventory accuracy, and inventory flow in their assigned storeroom(s). They
also provide broader site support for indirect inventory management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- MRO Leadership. The Storeroom Attendant manages the operations of their assigned storeroom(s) with guidance from the
storeroom Leader. This role executes stocking, critical spares, and stock disposition activities. This role will implement and
maintain corporate organizational standards within their assigned storeroom(s) and ensure alignment between the CMMS and
the physical inventory locations for their assigned storerooms. They are the voice for their assigned storerooms and champion
best in class inventory accuracy and spare parts reliability, including proper storage and PM of spare parts.
- MRO and CMMS Training and Technical Support. The storeroom attendant will support and train maintenance department.
personnel and support the location and identification of inventory. They may provide additional training and support to the site
as needed to ensure proper accountability of indirect inventory.
- MRO Data Stewardship. Responsible for the accuracy of CMMS data in their assigned storeroom(s) and escalates issues or
findings to their leader Understands and utilizes proper nomenclature for parts.
- Continually reviews inventory against corporate standards for min/max, stocking, and disposition standards. Proposes changes for addition, removal, or change to inventory status within their assigned storeroom(s) through proper channels.
- Achieves targets for all storeroom metrics including zero stock outs of critical spares, 100% of parts assigned to BOMs. Reports
storeroom performance metrics to site leaders as required.
- Executes cycle counts on schedule and at or above targets. Communicates inaccuracies and creates action plans with
Storeroom MRO Leader for assigned storeroom(s).
- Implements corporate storeroom standards and best practices, completes assigned maintenance activities to ensure part longevity and reduction of infant mortality after installation.
- Executes kitting process supporting maintenance work cycle.
Identifies form, fit, function equivalents within their storeroom for consolidation and communication to MRO Storeroom Leader Interacts with local supplier representatives to build effective relationships that support the needs of the storeroom during
normal operations as well as emergencies. This includes support of vendor managed and consignments agreements are appropriate.
- Understands and uses corporate taxonomy standards to identify parts, including addition and correction with the CMMS.
Performs additional duties as assigned.
What you bring to the party:
Education and Work Experience
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in MRO storerooms (preferred) or 1 year in inventory management environments
- Understanding of maintenance and reliability processes, preferably in food or CPG manufacturing environments.
- Working knowledge of inventory management software, preferably CMMS Software/Maintenance Connection
- Should possess a strong understanding and ability to properly identify electrical and mechanical parts.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment where quality, compliance, and safety are core values.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintenance Connection Training
- Reliability fundamentals including how spare part strategies connect to asset maintenance strategies
- Familiar with the planning work processes
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Windows applications including Excel and Word
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. We also offer Direct Deposit and Daily Pay Options. Paid Time Off (PTO) is available after 90 days.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace.
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!