Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will lead a multi-functional team whose objective is to control all aspects of capital investments relating to the company's fixed assets. This could involve the relocation and optimizing of the existing fixed asset base and/or the purchase of new fixed assets. It will extend from the initial conceptual studies through to project closeout.
Your Seat at the Table
- Defining project tasks, develop and manage full scale project plans and changes to achieve project objectives
- Encourage all team members to drive their efforts towards a "low cost, highly efficient" operation which meets the business needs.
- To take the lead in driving good Hygienic Engineering, in the design and execution of the project, and ensure the implementation meets Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safety standards, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), OSHA, and Value Engineering Analysis (VEA) studies.
- Plan and schedule project timelines, track project deliverables and budgets using appropriate project management tools
- Provide direction and support to project team and coordinate efforts to resolve issues, monitor and report on progress to all stakeholders
- Identify and report risks based on budget or timelines throughout duration of each project and recommend remediation plans as needed
- Interface with customer base on project requirements/timings, providing cost and resource estimates along with project timelines
- Create Project Charter and Summary timelines at project inception to ensure customer base agrees upon project scope and timeline
- Actively participate in Long Term Capital Planning, Automation Priorities, and Operation collaboration meetings, to provide insight and leadership to the engineering team as a whole
- Broad technical foundation of engineering/project management concepts to ensure solid understanding of technical initiatives
- Communicate effectively with Engineering, Business customers, and management on a day-to-day basis
- Relocate to one of Shearer’s Sites with travel of 50% for offsite projects
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is required.
- Minimum 7+ years of significant experience and achievement in a technical field with a project engineering background
- Project Management and Process Engineering experience within the food and dairy, cosmetic, pharmaceutical or consumer products industry is a plus
- Proven success in management of multimillion-dollar projects simultaneously
- PMP Certification a plus
- Excellent requirements gathering skills and the ability to map those requirements into standard solutions
- Ability to multi-task and work as a member of a team or individually
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong change management skills and ability to influence decision makers
- Ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Strong project management skills which includes experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
- Strong portfolio management skills
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies
- Proven leadership abilities with demonstrated capacity to hold project team accountable to meet project outcomes
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.