You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com
Processor - SEASONER
7PM - 7AM (2 - 2 - 3)
Your seat at the table
Dedication, Dependability, and a Willingness to learn are a must. Seasoners must possess strong organizational skills, leadership skills and the ability to interact with both management and co-workers. As a Seasoner, job duties include, but are not limited to the set up and operation of industrial food equipment, following precise recipes and work procedures, monitoring and adjusting processing variables and performing product quality tests and data collection. Seasoners must also be able to react to direction from quality assurance and management personnel. Seasoners will be exposed to allergens, chemicals and extreme environmental temperatures. They will be expected to multi-task and prioritize throughout the day. Job duties also include use of hand tools.
What you bring to the table
- Education – High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous processor or food experience
- Attendance – This is a skilled position that requires the team member be reliable on a constant basis. Team members will be evaluated on a case by case basis prior to selection
- Safety Mindset – Create a safety and health workplace; make SSW a priority.
- Language Skills – Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to team members in immediate area
- Mathematical Skills – Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm–in., g-oz), and use formulas to compute run rates
- Leadership – Must demonstrate Shearer's Core Values of Respect, Teamwork, and Giving Back
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems in common operating situations
- Troubleshooting Skills – Must have ability to work through problems backwards to find root causes and address issues
- Computer Skills - Must have basic computer skills required to run production. Verification on computer will be done routinely throughout the day
- Time Management – Will have to effectively manage his/her own time. Quality verification will be performed at specific intervals throughout the day. The Processor is responsible for completing changeovers in allotted time as well as planning his/her breaks around lulls in activity.
- Flexibility - Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, varied schedules, overtime and holidays when needed
- Physical Demands - The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 50+ pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 85+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Team Members must be able to be on their feet for twelve (12+) hours, to keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!