You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
The Maintenance Planner position is responsible for assisting with the development and maintenance of reliability-based maintenance strategy, based on preventive and predictive maintenance. The Planner will work directly with the Plant Technical Team to scope, plan corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance, including the updating of corrective and preventative Job Plans with input based on feedback from the maintenance team. The planner will also be responsible to build and sustain a reliable CMMS system and coaching of maintenance personnel.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility. However, the position does have strong influence around providing direction, mentoring, and coaching of the maintenance technicians.
Your seat at the table
- The planner is responsible for focusing on Medium- and Long-Term work. Focusing on the future success of the team is vital to a robust and effective planning process.
- Perform corrective, predictive and preventative maintenance job planning, including the estimation of labor, materials and cost of maintenance jobs.
- Develop a library of reusable job plans that can be recycled for maintenance and repair work
- Fully participate in all Continuous Improvement and Safety efforts.
- Participates in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
- Understand and maintain focus on achieving the company financial goals.
- Rely on experience, judgment and ongoing education to plan and accomplish all goals as determined by management. A wide degree of creativity and flexibility is expected.
- Partner with the Production and support teams to develop work order priorities that are aligned with business needs. This role is the key interface to plan the work for the technical teams.
- Manage as required Maintenance projects that are not capital funded. Includes developing project scope, costing, timelines and implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
What you bring to the table
- Ability to fully leverage a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Strong Microsoft Office® Product Skills.
- Strong knowledge of production and manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
- Ability to prepare detailed repair and metrics reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the Food Processing Industry is an asset.
- Kitting experience and parts management experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of the PM Pillar
- Requires 5 or more years of relevant experience as a Maintenance Planner or Technical Team Leader.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time, using a computer and the telephone. May be required to lift items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Work environment will be split between an office and plant floor time, which may be noisy and hot.
- Approximately 5% travel time to support training programs or self-development or to benchmark.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!