You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com
Sanitation Team Member- 7:00 AM- 5:00 PM -Saturdays Only
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Your seat at the table
Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference from day one? Then we want you! This part time position works each Saturday from 7:00 am- 5:00 pm to ensure our state-of-the-art facility is in peak performance condition! This person will be responsible for keeping areas in production and non-production departments in clean and orderly condition according to Food Safety and Food Quality and Supplies standards.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize equipment and work areas within a specified time frame
- Complete sanitation work orders and paperwork as directed
- Work at various heights and levels to reach all work areas
- Position includes scrubbing and working in tight area for extended periods of time
- Perform both interior and exterior tasks as directed
- Working in close proximity to food grade chemicals, high pressure hoses, among other sanitation instruments
- Individual must be proficient in the operation of machinery, including disassembly and reassembly of certain equipment.
- Follow all safety procedures while working (example – PPE requirements for chemical use, Lock out tag out)
- Follow all work instructions
- Follow all company policies and procedures while working
- Completing all other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table
- Strong communication skills – must be able to accurately express information concerning production quality and safety
- Responsible for ensuring that the work they perform meets the Company’s product “Quality” expectations
- Responsible for knowing sanitation lockout procedures
- Individual must be self-motivated, detail-orientated, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have good time management & organizational skills
- Capable of frequent reaching, bending, stretching, kneeling and crouching
- Work well within a team environment
- Self-starter, working with minimal supervision
- Physically capable of heavy lifting (50 lbs)
- Must be comfortable working at various heights (scissor lift, JLG lift, ladders)
- Must be comfortable working with a range of tools and equipment.
- Must follow all safety regulations while working
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Our Full Time Associates are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, and Employee Assistance Plan. Plus, we work with some great people every day!
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Shearer’s Foods Canada, Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.