You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Maintenance Leadhand - Guelph, Canada $39.44 / hr
Monday to Friday, 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Your seat at the table
Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference from day one? This role is responsible for performing maintenance trade work, attending Tier meetings, supporting and working closely with the maintenance team, managing and closing out work orders and assisting with training.
What you bring to the table
We are building the best team in the food industry, and we’re looking for people like you who possess the following:
- License 433A Industrial Maintenance Millwright or 309A/442A Electrical license
- Knowledge of conveyors, high speed pumps/compressor & packaging equipment
- Experience using a lathe, mill, drill press and other machining equipment
- Experience of Arc & Tig welding
- Experience with electrical safety circuit controls
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Good understanding of 5S and other Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience in Food Processing facility
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Heavy lifting may be required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Provides maintenance support 24/7 schedule when necessary
These Qualifications are required of the successful candidate:
- Self-starter, working with minimal supervision
- Must follow all safety regulations while working
- Must be comfortable working at various heights
- Basic knowledge of electric motor controls, programmable logic controllers, basic wiring circuits and skills necessary to safety test common electrical systems and can make minor repairs where permitted
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Employee Assistance Plan.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Shearer’s Foods Canada, Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.