You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Shearer's is currently recruiting for a dynamic Contract Recruiter
This is a fully remote role and is responsible for recruiting our non exempt workforce. You are a full-cycle recruiter who understands how to independently source quickly and creatively, while always keeping candidate experience top of mind. You are highly responsive to our candidates as well as our hiring managers. You are incredibly skilled at sourcing top-notch candidates in a variety of functions. We have an incredible product offering and exceptional employees - you will be one of the key players in continuing our pattern of success by finding and hiring the best talent.
Your seat at the table
- Execute recruiting and pipelining plans
- Identify recruiting sources, assess new talent and develop leading-edge methods to attract diverse talent.
- Conduct independent sourcing via social recruiting, networking, job postings, cold calls, etc.
- Work closely with hiring managers to understand their needs in order to identify the right talent; ensure goals are met.
- Ensure a phenomenal candidate experience, including some onboarding tasks.
- Juggle multiple priorities with finesse.
- Manage a consistent, high volume flow of qualified candidates through active and passive sourcing methods.
- Develop pipeline of candidates in niche areas as determined by market needs and business strategies.
- Participate in Campus Recruiting.
- Conduct candidate reference checks striving to raise our hiring bar with each new recruit.
- Track goals, metrics and performance of the hiring cycle; regularly communicate status and results.
- Propose and implement ongoing innovations and improvements to recruitment process.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
What you bring to the table
- Minimum 3 years of relevant recruiting experience, food manufacturing preferred
- Successful track record of direct sourcing candidates
- A strong knowledge of, and experience with, outside recruiting resources including social recruiting
- Expertise in working with an ATS, specifically Greenhouse
- Strong project management and agency management skills
- Outstanding networking and communication skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong productive relationships.
- The ability to independently manage multiple competing demands and to constantly re-prioritize
- An extremely high sense of urgency and ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Savvy with the latest tech and tools
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.