♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Machine Operator Role- All Shifts!
Machine Operators are directly involved in taking a raw ingredient through a cooking process creating a finished product for packaging, making sure every product that leaves Shearer’s Snacks is of the highest quality and ready to make people happy at their next picnic, birthday party or snack time.
What you bring to the table
We want to build the best team in the industry, so we’re looking for people like you who not only work as a part of a team but also exhibit the following leadership behaviors:
- Good communication skills
- Interest in or experience with technology
- Ability to think beyond the plan
- A high sense of integrity and the ability to act with urgency
- A drive to deliver the best result for the customer
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, growing business environment
- A hands-on “can do” attitude with a passion for problem-solving
- A curiosity to learn more, with the ability to assess situations quickly
- Ability to support, encourage and invest in a strong team In order to give your best, you must also be able to be on your feet for up to twelve hours, keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and perform repetitious lifting. Here are a few other things that would make you an ideal Packaging
Machine Operator at Shearer’s Snacks:
- Prior mechanical or machine operating experience to include high speed equipment
- Ability to use power tools, pneumatic wire wheel, prior extruder experience a plus
- Basic math and counting skills; proficient computer skills
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills; good communication skills
- Ability to work with hot equipment
- Prior manufacturing and/or warehouse experience
- Willing to work weekends and have reliable transportation
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace.
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Job Type: Full-time