You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Sr. Financial Analyst
Located at our Plant in Bristol, VA
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
As an integral part of our Bristol Plant Leadership team, you will support the financial activities at the Plant by helping to drive process enhancements and margin improvements, and by ensuring compliance with Corporate requirements. You will partner with the Site Director, HQ Finance/Accounting, Operations, Continuous Improvement and other teams to provide cost analysis and insight, including Plant Management, Quality, Purchasing, Planning and Inventory Control.
Your seat at the table
- Achieve financial goals by developing controllable cost productivity pipeline, understanding loss and analyzing costs to drive reductions, and creating action plans to close gaps.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and analyzing manufacturing costs, including raw materials, labor and overhead.
- Provide cost direction and support to other departments as required, including plant management, quality, purchasing, planning and inventory control.
- Support capital process by monitoring capital spending vs. budget, review and analyze productivity savings for projects and new initiatives.
- Work with Central Supply Chain Finance and Central Commercial Finance to develop new product costing models; monitor and analyze new product startups at plant.
- Develop annual budget
- Participate in special projects and corporate initiatives.
- Engage with the enterprise Supply Chain Finance Team in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop and manage Plant productivity forecast
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years' experience in manufacturing finance/accounting
- Manufacturing experience of analyzing cost reporting results and variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions
- Understanding of financial and operating aspects/measurements of manufacturing
- Able to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment
- Strong Excel capabilities and proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.