You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Fort Worth, TX Plant
Your seat at the table
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for managing, directing and coordinating all warehouse production and systematic functions of their respective shift, including direct responsibility for shift Team Members, lead(s) and planner(s). They will report to the Supply Chain Manager.
Office responsibilities (25% of daily time)
- Validate the labor allocation for the business need for the current hour
- Check in with the load planner and shipping clerk each hour
- Monitor the load schedule to ensure on time service
- Update the performance board
- Complete E-time/ Attendance
- Complete all new hire and transferred Team Members training and development documents.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- 1 year prior Team Member management and leadership experience required with greater than 5 direct reports
- 3+ years relevant experience in distribution and/or logistics
- Strong communication and leadership skills. Understanding of servant leadership
- Ability to organize, self-prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with internal deadlines
- Detailed, number oriented individual with experience analyzing numbers quickly and responding decisively
- Strong team player with history of partnering with transportation, sales, customer service and the customer
- Flexibility to coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them
- Flexible to work various shifts including possible weekend and Holiday hours as needed to meet business needs
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word. Previous Red Prairie and/or WMS experience preferred
- Experience with Lean Principles (TPM/5S/Standard Work)
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!