You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Maintenance Manager - Hermiston, OR
Your seat at the table
The Maintenance Manager/Technical Manager will serve as a technical adviser for the Manufacturing site Leadership Team. This position will lead the maintenance team in implementing a coherent maintenance and reliability strategy aimed at reducing breakdowns and extending manufacturing equipment life. This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership in support of lean manufacturing objectives, and ensuring full utilization of all maintenance information systems and oversee engineering functions within the plant. This position reports to the Plant Director.
What you bring to the table
- Direct the efficient maintenance and improvement, installation, and safe operation of food processing equipment in compliance with company, State, and Federal policies; procedures, and regulations including OSHA, FDA, SQF, AIB, EPA, GMP, NFPA, NEC and other code and regulatory agencies.
- Work with the operations team to establish production line operating metrics such as efficiencies, up time and reliability.
- Provide Technical support (related to reliability / maintenance services) for all production equipment throughout the facility.
- Assure lines are mechanically capable of meeting standard operating rates and reliability, and improve up time and reliability for all lines.
- Maintains an appropriate and adequate supply of inventory and parts.
- Identifies and develops plans to improve equipment designs or department procedures to maximize asset availability.
- Drives Plant asset integrity and reliability program, including proactive maintenance programs, such as predictive maintenance programs, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), maintenance scheduling, root cause analysis, improvement through Lean Six Sigma techniques and other best practices.
- Optimize cost through effective budget planning and management. Identify and implement cost saving ideas for facility maintenance.
- Interface with vendors and contractors providing services to the facility to ensure company needs are met.
- Interface with associates in manufacturing, warehouse, planning, engineering, QA and other departments or improvement teams as needed as a technical resource.
- Responsible for a team of technicians including performance and compensation management, training, coaching, discipline and career development.
- Performs other job-related projects, duties and assignments as directed by Plant Management. Other duties may be assigned due to business needs or special circumstances which may require reassignment to other departments or other job duties.
Desired Technical/Functional Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing or project engineering, preferably in the food processing and consumer packaged goods industries
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory and people management experience
- TPM and CMRP preferred with asset management best practices
- Significant hands on experience in leading maintenance teams.
- Significant record of achievement with regard to lean manufacturing support, continuous improvement, and breakdown reduction.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to perform data manipulation and analysis using Microsoft Office suite.
- Applicable systems and software knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create a culture of accountability and teamwork.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related with at least 8 years’ experience with industrial maintenance supervision and management (preferably in food processing); OR
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related with at least 5 years’ experience with industrial maintenance supervision and management (preferably in food processing); OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience in management (preferably in food processing).
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!