3000 E Mount Pleasant Street Burlington, IA 52601
Tuesday, June 16th: 10am-2pm
Wednesday, June 17th: 4pm-7pm
Thursday, June 18th: 10am-2pm
No registration needed, just show up during one of the times listed above. Some on the spot offers will be made.
We can't wait to meet you!
You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Your Seat at the table:
Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the process equipment to establish a clean environment for producing and packaging quality products. Helps to ensure compliance with government sanitation requirements. Process product debris for recycling and/or trash. Assists pest control technicians by noting and communicating pest activity.
Essential Job Duties:
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, climb, crawl, stoop, and/or bend, work off of ladders and on silos and in confined spaces.
- Lock-out Tag-out trained, BBP clean up trained.
- Must be able to safely operate all of Sanitation’s equipment – such as but not limiting to, scissor lifts, forklift, floor scrubbers, high pressure washers, dry ice machine, dry steamers, etc.
- Perform all tasks at high efficiency levels.
- Must be able to identify whatever is being worked on, is clean or not.
- Follow standard operating procedures for cleaning.
- Must be able to climb, work off of ladders and silos and in confined spaces
- May perform other duties as required
What you bring to the table
- High School or G.E.D. preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to lift, push and pull
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime when needed
- A pre-employment drug test and criminal background check
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace.
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!