Human Resources Manager - Newport, Arkansas
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Your Seat at the Table
The position will work with the site leadership team and corporate resources to align the local human capital strategy with the needs of the business and execute that strategy accordingly. Specifically, carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: work force planning, staffing, associate engagement and development, change management initiatives, benefits support and communications, compensation administration, and administrative compliance (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic human capital initiatives and facilitate attainment of business goals and objectives.
- Conduct local labor market analysis in order to understand the competitive environment and drive effective recruiting and compensation programs.
- Communicate, interpret, and enforce all company policies and practices applicable to the site.
- In consultation with corporate resources and local leadership, develop and or execute site specific employment policies and practices.
- Develop a work force planning and staffing strategy that supports the needs of the business and execute that plan.
- Work with operations leaders to develop effective new hire on boarding programs.
- Oversee all corrective action, discipline, and termination decisions, and assure compliance with Company policy and best practices with regard to documentation.
- Counsel line management and associates in the application of company policies, procedures, processes, employee issues, and federal and state employment law.
- Oversee administrative process around data management including but not limited to new hire set up and associate information management, compensation and benefits administration, leave of absence management, and other similar requirements.
- Assure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements such as FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and other federal, state, and local regulations that are applicable to the human element of our business.
What You Bring to the Table
- Five to seven years experience as a professional HR role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business related field is required.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proven ability to use a project-management style of work, and execute programs on-time and effectively.
- Interpersonal attributes that lead to a credible, internal customer service approach to leadership.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEO, ADA and FMLA.
- Strong drive for results to lead and facilitate efforts to ensure human resources alignment with the company and/or site.
- Demonstrated ability to deal directly with line management to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- Strong project management and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, results oriented environment.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!